IGNORED

Took the plunge & bought a Vita

Mendon

I'd say take a look at the Vita version of Dragon's Crown. It comes out.... today, in fact!

If you're a fan of Golden Axe style games, you'd probably enjoy it.

Additionally, check out the Vita version of Disgaea 3 if you absolutely, positively hate the idea of having free time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

From the reviews, videos, and comments by Cimerians, Dragons Crown appears to be a must buy for me, but now I have to decide on the Vita or PS3 version....sigh, decisions, decisions.

I think my son has Digaea 3 and also Soul Sacrifice and I'll have to check and see if I can borrow them after I've finished Persona.

I'm also going to download New Little King's Story and Atelier Meruru Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 3 as soon as I buy a bigger memory stick. If anyone here has already played either, I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks for the suggestions!

From the reviews, videos, and comments by Cimerians, Dragons Crown appears to be a must buy for me, but now I have to decide on the Vita or PS3 version....sigh, decisions, decisions.

I think my son has Digaea 3 and also Soul Sacrifice and I'll have to check and see if I can borrow them after I've finished Persona.

I'm also going to download New Little King's Story and Atelier Meruru Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 3 as soon as I buy a bigger memory stick. If anyone here has already played either, I'd appreciate any comments.

Atelier Meruru Plus won't be out in the US for another month. The Vita version of Atelier Totori Plus is currently available though, which is a pretty solid game.

Gust is apparently also working on a revamped, Vita version of Atelier Rorona as well, though I wouldn't expect it to get here any time this year.

Atelier Meruru Plus won't be out in the US for another month. The Vita version of Atelier Totori Plus is currently available though, which is a pretty solid game.

Gust is apparently also working on a revamped, Vita version of Atelier Rorona as well, though I wouldn't expect it to get here any time this year.

ACK... I did it again, in that I posted the wrong game title. I meant Totori Plus.

But I didn't know that Meruru was releasing or that Rorona might be in development. Thanks for the info!!!

The Vita is a great system, and with the free Plus games you rarely need to buy anything.

I'm still taken back by how well the OS works, and how quickly you can jump from one app to another. It's something the Wii U can't seem to get down, and it has double the RAM allotted for it's OS. Makes you wonder.

Now that PSN is running the "Japanese Developed Game Sale", I'm picking up 5 games I've been wanting: Atelier Totori, New Little Kings Story, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ragnarok Odyssey, and Gravity Rush. I was going to wait on buying these until my "To Play" and "To Finish" stacks got a little smaller but at these prices I'm getting them now.

Thanks for the link, Cimerians!!

Plus more soon to be released games I'll be getting: Walking Dead (which includes the 400 Days DLC), Valhalla Knights 3, and Y's: Memories of Celceta. And it was also just announced that Duke Nukem 3D is being released for the Vita. Might be a dated game but having a portable version in all its OLED glory will be too good to pass up.

Its been a great time for me to pick up a Vita!

OH MY..... it was just announced that Borderlands 2 is coming for Vita in 2014.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/20/borderlands-2-coming-to-playstation-vita/

Damn, I'm glad I picked this point in time to buy a Vita as I'm enjoying many current games and the announced upcoming games like Duke Nukem 3D and Borderlands 2 has me excited for the future.

Ok, I must say I am very impressed with the Vita it really went beyond my expectations. The touch screen is great (like a small iPad) and the menu navigation is fast and "makes sense". I downloaded a couple of my plus games and a PSP game it looks great on the bigger screen. Wow. I hope this thing sticks around for a while and it's a shame Sony can't support it properly with affordable storage options. That's the only negative I can really give it right now.

I'm downloading Pinball Arcade (since I got the vita version free through crossplay when I bought the PS3 version).

I wonder how it will perform on the Vita..

So... I bought a Vita too.

It's a nice machine (and I can't help myself calling it "Lynx 3", maybe because the shape reminds me of Lynx 1 and 2 mixed together)

Only point I don't like with this is the touchscreen. I don't know why, it does not seem as soft to the touch as the one from an iPad for example.

Got all the PS+ free games and a few old PS1 games that I can play on Vita and PS3 (Driver & G-Police)

I just pre-ordered the Silver Anniversary Edition of Ys: Memories of Celceta from Amazon. I could not resist a cloth map, soundtracks and a compass!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAWXCP2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BAWXCP2&linkCode=as2

I don't even have a Vita, but I loved Ys on the TurboGrafix, and I also love cloth maps (such as from the Ultimas). Tempting.

For a system that seemed destined for great fps, it sure does lack in that dept. COD multiplayer is seriously dumbed down, the single player missions are terrible. Resistance single player is fantastic, multiplayer works very well (when it works), otherwise it is a serious buggy almost unplayable mess. The jak trilogy and the metal geard HD remake are best buys.

I could not resist a cloth map, soundtracks and a compass!!!

I also love cloth maps (such as from the Ultimas). Tempting.

I love cloth maps....I may pre-order it.

Do the three of you have Ys Seven? Xseed's limited edition of that also came with a cloth map. I actually have three of said map, through various unusual circumstances.

For a system that seemed destined for great fps, it sure does lack in that dept.

From what I've been hearing, the soon to release Killzone: Mercenary is the cure for that problem.

onmode-ky

Do the three of you have Ys Seven? Xseed's limited edition of that also came with a cloth map. I actually have three of said map, through various unusual circumstances.

From what I've been hearing, the soon to release Killzone: Mercenary is the cure for that problem.

onmode-ky

I only recently have gotten into the Y's series so I haven't but I have seen the map on amazon. Of course it's on my list to get someday although the prices can only increase.