IGNORED

RF ghosts from System Changer module

Serious

I recently obtained an Intellivision 2 console with the System Changer module, and I am very inexperienced with the Intellivision, so please forgive me if this is an FAQ or something. (I did search the forum, but could not find a related topic.)

The RF coming out of the console while playing Intellivision games is very clear. However, when I use the System Changer module to play VCS games, the RF signal has ghosts. It doesn't appear to be TV interference, but some type of mild interference from the unit itself.

Is RF interference a common issue with the System Changer? Any good ways to solve it?

here is something crazy. are you using a real rf cable or an rca cable? if you are using a crappy cable/ rf box going to the tv you can have this same effect. same thing with an aquarius with the extender attached and moving the controller cords which for some weird reason act like interferance antennas that change the picture quality as you move the controllers

are you using a real rf cable or an rca cable?

Wow. I had no idea that there was a distinction.

I did a search on "RF cable", and I'm only finding coax. Is there a source for these that you would recommend?

Wow. I had no idea that there was a distinction.

I did a search on "RF cable", and I'm only finding coax. Is there a source for these that you would recommend?

you can us a coax. go to radio shack an buy an adapter that goes from male rca to female coax

then plug adapter into intellivision and screw coax into the tv