IGNORED

Xasm include problem

Thelen

for the first time I wanted to use an include, since my program was getting a little unstructured.

so in my main program I typed

ICL 'vleer'

and I made a file with the name vleer.asx with some source in it.

but the problem is, I get a error : Line too long....i don't get it... When I cut three lines of the source code (doesn't matter which ones) it works ok.

source :

vleer LDX #0

STX VLEENR

;VLLOOP LDX VLEENR

; LDA VLEEON,X

; BNE VLEC1

; LDA #$B0

; STA VLEEPH

; LDA #$20

; STA VLEEPL

; LDA #1

; STA VLEEON

; JSR VLEBACK

;

;

;VLEC1 ;

VLEBACK LDX VLEENR

LDA VLEEPH,X

TAY

LDA VLEEPL,X

TAX

JSR CHECPOS

STA TMP1

LDY #$A0

LDX #$00

STX TMP2

I really don't understand why my lines are too long, and when i cut random three lines, it say's it's ok. Maybe i'm doing something very stupid, but i can't find it.....

I use XAMS and Codegenie

Thanks, thelen

Hi Thelen!

I really don't understand why my lines are too long, and when i cut random three lines, it say's it's ok. Maybe i'm doing something very stupid, but i can't find it.....

It's been a while that I worked wiht XASM... here's what the top of a VCS game looks like:

; xasm gunxasm.s /o:gunfight.bin

OPT h-

ICL 'vcsxasm.h'

Maybe you need the OPT or the .XXX specified?

Another thing I can imagine is that you're somehow using bad LF/CR at the end of the lines of the included file?

Greetings,

Manuel

i had similar problems sometime ago and fox told me that it was a sort of bug in an older version of xasm (CF/LF)...

so 2 things to check:

- get the newest Xasm version from his site

- which version do you have?

- if you are using Codegenie as editor keep sure that it is not in unix mode...

hve

Thanks guys,

I was using codegenie, and I was using Unix mode. changed it to dos, but that didn't help. (why is it standard on unix mode ??)

the problem was, I was using vers. 2.5.1, and I upgraded to 2.5.2, and the problem was solved !!

one other thing, I don't have buyed or registered codegenie, and when i push the arrow UP button i get The message (pop-up) Nvidia 4 in a box, i close it, and some time later when i push arrow up, it appears again. I'm getting sick of that. Is it because i don't have registered it ?

Thanks, Thelen

nice that my instinct was correct... ;) this bug drove me mad last year... :) i thought Fox does not do any bugs... ;) and former versions worked well... we at taquart use Xasm since version 1 for many years now... and this was a suprise... :)

i haven't registered CG either... so it might be a "keystroke" conflict with GF4 desktop??? i have no GF4 but the nvidia stuff.

hve