IGNORED

Vectrex 3D Imager, any reproductions?

ComputerSpaceFan

I just subscribed to the awesome channel of Vectrex Roli and he actually did a review of the classic Vectrex 3D Imager by placing his camera inside one of the lenses. It gives a fantastic view of what the colors and game play are like in the Imager (albeit not actually 3D).

It got me to wondering if anyone ever did reproductions of the Imager and when I searched I found a few links but unfortunately they all seem to be dead.

There's the Madtronix Reproduction which says the price is 0.00 Euros and I found comments from 2009 saying people were unable to buy them anymore.

Then I found a comment about someone called Kevin Horton who was making an adaptor to hook up regular 3D glasses (though it would mean no more color) but I think that project got taken over by Sean Kelly and no further info on that exists.

So does anyone know what reproduction options exist today if a collector wants to get into the Vectrex 3D scene?

As far as I know, there is not a currently available 3D Imager reproduction. I have the Madtronix version. I'm like 95% certain the Kevin Horton adaptor exists. I think there was another set of glasses available, but I could be mistaken. I'm sure there will be another reproduction set at some point, but as of now, it's probably almost easier to track down an original imager for sale rather than a repro.