IGNORED

Mapping out Alien vs. Predator

Atari Joe

Hi this is Joe. I spent the first few days playing on centipede and now i am done with it and i started on alien vs predator. Boy let me tell you the game looks GREAT! It has some problems but its got music and it is fun to play and thats what atari games are all about am i right? in the game for those atarians who already got it you know that its a alien space ship and you got to explore around and map it all out and finish your mission. you go to the map by presing option and selecting MAP from the screen. when you explore you uncover and map more area and halls of the space ship and it shows up on the map. the further you explore the more shows up and it will turn into a big maze and then you can figure out how to do the walk through.

I am wondering if anyone who already got AVP from a vendor if they have found the way out or if they have mapped out the levels and if they can share that with us. I want to see if i can uncover other things in the game and its hard to figure it out without a instuction book or a game that was finished. Anyone who has the game or knows anything about it please post to this forum and we AVP atarians can continute to explore outer space with the new AVP game only on the LYNX! -Joe

***DISCLAIMER: Joe Rivera Does NOT sell Lynx games. Joe Rivera is just a gamer and shares his thoughts and Atari experience with ALL atari gamers WORLD WIDE. Joe Rivera is not a compensated endorser and knows NOTHING about orders or anything like that. Please contact your favorite vendor for more information. Thank you, Joe. ***

Well you are right in saying that AVP was not finished so you cant end the game but i think you can finish at least to the end of level 1 it sure feels like you can finish it and it sure is fun to map out the game is nice and it feels almost complete. things it has includes good music of the creepy kind like on jaws. it also has play options for the marine and the alien. the game looks fantastic even if it is not done its still fun to play on the lynx because i got all the other lynx games so its nice to have something new you know what i mean guys?

What i want to know is if any owners of the game have made maps of the level even if you cantfinish past lvel 1. what i am going to do is map it out and then post the maps to my website so that EVERYONE can enjoy the play of the game. please lets talk about AVP here and maybe not just for the map of AVP but also stratgey and secrets too.

Also...

AVP = Alien vs. Predator

APV = Atari -prototypes & vaporware

Thanks Joe

no i put that there bcasue other people who are atari big shots who run other atari sites tell me that i need to shut my mouth and not say the things that i do so now i put a disclaimer there so people know that i dont sell games i just like to play them and tell people about them. i know i am very lucky to know the people at atari 7800.com and they give me lots of fun things to play with that most people dont get to play ever in their life and that is really nifty to me so then i also like to share things about those games but what i dont like is people yelling at me like they are my mother and telling me what to do. so this is why i have the disclaimer. there is no hard feelings toward you or anyone else on here. I just like to share what I know because thats all i got.

KEEP SENDING IN THOSE MAPS! Also I am sorry for runing my mouth and talking jibbar jabbar i just dont like people talking to me like that but i am sorry. -Joe

no i put that there bcasue other people who are atari big shots who run other atari sites tell me that i need to shut my mouth and not say the things that i do so now i put a disclaimer there so people know that i dont sell games i just like to play them and tell people about them. i know i am very lucky to know the people at atari 7800.com and they give me lots of fun things to play with that most people dont get to play ever in their life and that is really nifty to me so then i also like to share things about those games but what i dont like is people yelling at me like they are my mother and telling me what to do. so this is why i have the disclaimer. there is no hard feelings toward you or anyone else on here. I just like to share what I know because thats all i got.

KEEP SENDING IN THOSE MAPS! Also I am sorry for runing my mouth and talking jibbar jabbar i just dont like people talking to me like that but i am sorry.   -Joe

Actually, I was just kidding about the disclaimer. I'm sure that no one who reads your messages really wants you to shut up, though. :)

As far as I got these where the levels

1 - Predator Ship

2 - Corridors/Hallway (Camp Golgotha?)

3 - Alien Ship

4 - Queens Room (notice the big empty hall where the Queen's supposed to be, and the unreadable briefing)

5 - Corridors/Hallway again (different music, but briefing same as 2)

Then I went Game over for some mysterious reason

The Problem is this, only for Level 1 is the map completed, for the next levels all the maps are actually pretty f*cked up

just a complete mess of light and dark blocks

As far as I got these where the levels

1 - Predator Ship

2 - Corridors/Hallway (Camp Golgotha?)

3 - Alien Ship

4 - Queens Room (notice the big empty hall where the Queen's supposed to be, and the unreadable briefing)

5 - Corridors/Hallway again (different music, but briefing same as 2)

Then I went Game over for some mysterious reason

The Problem is this, only for Level 1 is the map completed, for the next levels all the maps are actually pretty f*cked up

just a complete mess of light and dark blocks

WOW now see that is EXACTLY What i was looking for. how did you get that screen shot did you get that from an emulator or do you got a paralel cable for your lynx? Is it ok if i can put that image and your information up on my website on a page for the AVP maps and tactics? I will send you a lynx game if you help me.

also does anyone have trouble playing both as the marine or the alien if you walk around on predators ship and there is always a marine flickering sometimes in front of you no matter where you go? or is thst suposed to be there or is it just a glitch on my epron game? -Joe

Of course you can put it up

always willing to help a fellow gamer!

although mapping Level 2 and further will be as hard as hell, since the map of Level 1 is still on it, Level 2 will be manageable though

as for the standing female marine glitch, it's also on my EPRom, the best way to get around it is standing in front of it, and turn around.... walk back and turn around again.

But I'll start on Level 2

As for the Lynx game, what did you have in mind? ;)

Okay, I got it...

this one was extremely hard since i had to check per pixel

Since it was still in Alpha phase, Map 1 was layed over this one, getting 2 maps in one... so it was hard to filter out Map1

As for map 3, Map 1 AND 2 are in it, so you have to filter both out.. and it's getting harder per level

post-1507-1046388695_thumb.png

Boy you sure are doing a fantastic job on the avp maps. they sure do help me out lots and I am sure it will help all AVP owners out lots too. Lots of people complain and say that they dont want to buy a eprom game from video 61 casue they are not finished games and i can understand that but being able to map these games out and explore them and share information makes owning these games so much more enjoyable for the atarian who owns these slick games. The way i see it you take out of it what you make of it, so CRACK OPEN THOSE AVP CLAM SHELLS AND HAVE FUN!!! :D

As for the Lynx game, what did you have in mind? ;)

well if you help me with maps and the review for my website or things like that i can send you a free kung food or dirty larry or something lke that i got extras.

MORE TO COME!

- Joe

Captian, Atari Super-Gang & apesh*t explorer of Predator ship.