IGNORED

Damn, got 4 great 7800 games, but they are PAL

Rik

1st of all I apologize as this topic has been mentioned several times. I have found various answers to this topic, but they left me confused. I live in a NTSC region and my 7800 is NTSC of course. I bought 4 PAL mint CIB games, they are :

1-HES TitleMatch Pro Wrestling

2-HES Super Skateboardin'

3-Alien brigade

4-Super Huey UH-IX

I was told the games will just flicker in an NTSC region and console, but they don't work at ALL, just the Atari splash screen comes up, then a black screen for all 4 games. So my question is :

Will just getting a PAL 7800 console make the games playable, playable as in %100 normal, no color issues, sprite, etc ? Or will I need a PAL TV, PAL POWER SUPPLY, NTSC TO PAL converter, etc? Or am I simply out of luck?

I hope I don't have to sell off these games. I've trying to find Alien Brigade like forever, just to find it unplayable in my NTSC console :_(

Come to think of it, I'd be happy to just get the games to be playable, I can live with color differences, or whatever else. I hope I can get a definite answer and put my agony to rest!! :grin: Any advice would be much appreciated !!!!! :thumbsup: Thank you in advance!!!

Will just getting a PAL 7800 console make the games playable, playable as in %100 normal, no color issues, sprite, etc ? Or will I need a PAL TV, PAL POWER SUPPLY, NTSC TO PAL converter, etc? Or am I simply out of luck?

Hooking a PAL 7800 to an NTSC TV will, at best, give you a B/W image. You can also have scrolling, screen size, and/or just no picture issues..

(I haven't tried with a PAL 7800, but I've run into the PAL/NTSC issue with my Amigas)

You will need a converter of some type or a PAL TV (which would mean a power converter most likely).

A possible workaround would be a capture device on your computer. Some of those devices capture/display PAL.

There's not generally a good and easy solution unfortunately... ;-(

desiv

Edited by desiv

4 PAL mint CIB games / Did you see them actually work before you purchased them???

That's not always possible, especially if they are sealed. Like i posted above, i was told they would just flicker, not work at ALL, like in my case. Got all 4 games for 20$ from someone who desperately needed cash. I will just get rid of them, Post them here at " Marketplace " sometime, someday. If they were like $20-30 each, i wouldn't have bought them.

PAL 7800 games do not work on NTSC 7800 consoles due to the lockout mechanism.

Mitch

Thank you Mitch for the direct answer. :thumbsup: I will take your word for it as you IMO, are a pretty good reliable source for anything 7800. Thanks to all other replies so far, they were informative. :thumbsup:

you could try installing the European os in your NTSC 7800. that at lest removes the lock out of pal games.

still no guarantee that the games will run correctly though, and I don't have those games to be able to test them