IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

i got curious about this so did some digging online- it looks like the Tomy was going to have its own expansion box? Here's a couple of links:

http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/purcell.html- if you scroll towards the bottom in 'commentary' it gives some info

http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/ti-vs-tomy.html- comparison of TI vs Tomy.

Apologies if this info has been rehashed somewhere else. :)

• Like 1

The Tutor has 10 American-release cartridges, plus a demonstration cartridge, but it can also use the Japanese Pyuuta cartridges. There are 26 of those. 9 of them duplicate the US release cartridges, and three of them require a cartridge game adapter connected to the back port of the Tutor to work. There is also a Japanese demonstration cartridge. I have almost an entire set of the Tutor/Pyuuta hardware and software. I am only missing the US demonstration cartridge and the BASIC-1 cartridge for the Pyuuta MkII.

• Like 2

The Tutor has 10 American-release cartridges, plus a demonstration cartridge, but it can also use the Japanese Pyuuta cartridges. There are 26 of those. 9 of them duplicate the US release cartridges, and three of them require a cartridge game adapter connected to the back port of the Tutor to work. There is also a Japanese demonstration cartridge. I have almost an entire set of the Tutor/Pyuuta hardware and software. I am only missing the US demonstration cartridge and the BASIC-1 cartridge for the Pyuuta MkII.

You never cease to amaze me with your collections! I have to visit your basement some day :)

Have you already thought about dumping them? We have a working emulation im MAME, so I'd really be interested to see some cartridges.

Actually, I have already dumped all of them with the exception of the Japanese Demonstration cartridge, as there is something odd going on in that one, and the chip is one of those blob-on-board types, so it is harder to suss out exactly what is different there. I even converted a number of the Pyuuta cart dumps into Geneve files, so that they would run natively on it (using the method Barry Boone used to convert the US titles to the Geneve BITD). That method will work with all but the three 3D titles, though I've been told that the folks I gave my dumps to have already made the necessary changes to run those on the Tutor in MAME. All of the current dumps are available here.

• Like 2

This is simply criminal, imho, against our beloved children ... AND they aren't even NIB, QIs, just beige consoles. I'll have what they're smoking, please ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4a-Computer-System-NIB-Bundle-with-Games-New-Sealed/232545595320

attachicon.gifshocking.JPG

Odds are the keyboards don't work too

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1