IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

i'm not overly fond of 2049er. Team Zero Zap for life!!

(i do really like the game)

Zero Zap is actually a lot of fun--and in a Gamevision case, it is doubly good. . .

I enjoyed Zero Zap myself.

@@--- Ω ---

post-27864-0-15539300-1538570930.gif

"It was the beginning of the great Zero Zap wars; the age when our gods turned their backs on us..."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

TIPI requires a larger investment to work (TIPI board, Raspberry Pi, 32K side car). The NanoPEB takes seconds to install and requires no configuration. Still the best all-in-one solution out there for the budget minded. And they're not really flaky. Mine has been running 24/7 for over a year now with no issues unless I bump it accidentally out of place.

• Like 2

TIPI requires a larger investment to work (TIPI board, Raspberry Pi, 32K side car). The NanoPEB takes seconds to install and requires no configuration. Still the best all-in-one solution out there for the budget minded. And they're not really flaky. Mine has been running 24/7 for over a year now with no issues unless I bump it accidentally out of place.

Yes and the only reason I have had any issues with my CF7+'s is that I plugged unregulated items with power supplies too high for their liking. taught me a lesson for sure, still need to get another clpd programmed for one of them. The other works fine, now that they are regulated!!

Apples and oranges

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Apples and oranges

Not really if we are looking at file storage and transfers and memory expansion. The TIPI obviously does a lot more and is the more desirable device for some, but for others it might be overkill for their purposes. In my view it's still an excellent option to have.

Not really if we are looking at file storage and transfers and memory expansion. The TIPI obviously does a lot more and is the more desirable device for some, but for others it might be overkill for their purposes. In my view it's still an excellent option to have.

TIPI does not provide any memory it can be attached to any memory or storage setup. It will coexist with everything I've tried. It can be moved to any open cru address.

TIPI provides a 'flat file system of near unlimited size (limited only by what sd or external storage you put on the pi) with optional floppy disk device pointers to provide file access via DSK1-3 to folders on the drive. No limits on files or file size.

TIPI provides access to the internet and can be used to access http and telnet

TIPI can host devices on the pi that can be accessed from the Ti such as a mouse or camera or networked printer

TIPI is open and can be modified and extended by anyone.

Nano only provides 32k, floppy disk emulation and a proprietary rs232 and can not be expanded or used with any other storage or memory. It can be used with only one disk image at a time in each drive. Limiting you to 1440 sectors per drive.

Nano is closed and unable to be changed or modified or expanded.

I agree a nano is cheaper and simple to install.

• Like 2

Yes but TIPI does require memory expansion, which means an additional purchase (at least for the sidecar version which we are talking about here). Everything you said is true, but again it comes down to cost, ease of setup and the user's particular needs.

It's like comparing a Mercedes to a Beetle. Both get you from A to B, but not everybody needs or can afford the added features of the Mercedes :)

• Like 3

Yes but TIPI does require memory expansion, which means an additional purchase (at least for the sidecar version which we are talking about here). Everything you said is true, but again it comes down to cost, ease of setup and the user's particular needs.

It's like comparing a Mercedes to a Beetle. Both get you from A to B, but not everybody needs or can afford the added features of the Mercedes icon_smile.gif

Yep but as soon as someone comes out with a sidecar SAMS with the 44pin interface.. :)