IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I thought about that. Looking for geek street cred ;)

Ksarul has in his possession all the design documentation on the Triton Turbo XT sidecar as well as a prototype. I had DC Warren send him that, as I was overwhelmed with the GK scanning. He can probably let us know when he gets the final scans of the development notes and DC’s college project (for which he did this product) made available.

• 2 weeks later...

HEADS UP!..... MYARC DDCC-1

If I didn't already have a TIPI in my P-Box, I'd be all over this like flies on you know what, but I'm sure SOMEONE here will want << THIS >>.

s-l1600.jpg

As of the time I post this, it's currently at: $10.50 with two bids with $7.00 shipping.

Hoiy Cow! It's gone up $100.00 already!

Edited by --- Ω ---

<< This Auction >> for a CorComp 512K Card is now starting to exceed the price of Ksarul's 1MB SAMS's card...

I cannot say that I know much about it, but I'm curious about the method to access the extended memory.

If this is the one I have, it only offers 32k of CPU RAM, the rest is partitioned as a RAM disk (using DSK emulation) and a printer buffer, the size of each is configurable. I like it, but it conflicts with (IIRC) my WHT SCSI and its unfinished DSK emulation.

I'm not sure, but didn't this support four drives? If you try to access DSK4, could that create a TIPI issue?

Dunno, but I believe it does. I am not using a TIPI so DSK4 conflicts are irrelevant to me. My primary interest is the 80 track upgrade so I can run a 720k 3.5" drive. There is currently no such upgrade available for my BwG.

<< This Auction >> for a CorComp 512K Card is now starting to exceed the price of Ksarul's 1MB SAMS's card...

I cannot say that I know much about it, but I'm curious about the method to access the extended memory.

If i recall correctly there was a specific power adapter that always had to be plugged into the card for it to keep the power. So if you got a power outage and it was not connected to battery backup, then it was all gone.

I had one 20 years ago or so, but never used so I sold it.

If i recall correctly there was a specific power adapter that always had to be plugged into the card for it to keep the power. So if you got a power outage and it was not connected to battery backup, then it was all gone.

I had one 20 years ago or so, but never used so I sold it.

I believe it came to my greedy clutches.

I always wait till the last 10 sec. and give it my highest bid!

I'm not bidding on this though. ;-)

heheheh Yeah, I know that trick quite well. Have lost many times to it. But, to clarify, my intent was not to warn people off from the item because I am somehow entitled to it, but more to say that I really want this controller and anyone who wants it more than me will be dropping more coin than reasonable for it. But, you know, things are worth what people are willing to pay and I do have my limit.

s-l1600.jpg

It's useless.

It is only a Ram disk with no persistence. if you turn off the power it's gone. If you look at it cross eyed it's corrupt or gone. I owned one in the 80s. No software uses the ram.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's useless.

It is only a Ram disk with no persistence. if you turn off the power it's gone. If you look at it cross eyed it's corrupt or gone. I owned one in the 80s. No software uses the ram.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The only other person I knew who had one of these always complained that it got corrupted or needed to be reloaded. I used one for a short period and the only real uses I could find for it were as a volatile location for log files, crunching information, and archive file manipulation. Dealing with archives was for me its only positive function. There is no comparison between it and a Horizon RAMdisk.