IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

On 7/16/2024 at 10:13 AM, Tursi said:

They still aren't worth that much. ;)

I have one for sale at VCF.  I tried to balance what I paid for it, what it is "worth," and the 10% which goes to VCF.

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have one for sale at VCF.  I tried to balance what I paid for it, what it is "worth," and the 10% which goes to VCF.

(Nevermind/ delete)

Edited by Gary from OPA
sorry I thought you were talking about super sketch

On 7/17/2024 at 11:28 PM, Gary from OPA said:

Someone wants to archive 300 disks.. here you go:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/365014676465

Screenshot_20240717-232713.png

the 300 floppies sold for $162.33 just over 50 cents a floppy, not a bad price. -- hopefully, it went to a ti99 collector, that will catalog them, and archive anything missing and share it with us, and not someone that will just reformat the floppies and sell them at a higher price as used PC blank diskettes, divided up into boxes of 10 each, which i seen sadly happen before.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:01 PM, Gary from OPA said:

hopefully, it went to a ti99 collector, that will catalog them, and archive anything missing and share it with us, and not someone that will just reformat the floppies and sell them at a higher price as used PC blank diskettes, divided up into boxes of 10 each, which i seen sadly happen before.

Or glued to a wall as retro crib drip.

15 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

Not a bad starting price for a full P-Box: no bids, $375 shipped.  Looks to have disk controller, RS232, flex cable. Probably 32K. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176481573779

No bad. Sadly it has a original ti manual binder and a navarone cartridge expander so it might double in price just for those two items.

9 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

Caught by my TI 990 computer search filter

Model TPG 990 Computer Mouse

TPG990_FrogMouse.png

with today's tech, we could make a new AI version of this mouse, where the smiley face changes to various other emojis and the eyeballs move and have rgb lights in them as well, plus why not add a small speaker, and it could chatter to you as well, your mouse ai friend.

thinking of mice, i do want to find someday on ebay, an affordable retro mouse, that will work on my v9938 cards, either mechatronic sidecar or the dijit/avpc card, somewhere in the bit bucket of scanned in docs, there was a listing of which mouses could be easy converted to work, of course now we have tipi with mouse support, but i still want to have an actual mouse connected to my v9938 card for software testing purposes.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2024 at 11:41 AM, Ksarul said:

Here's a good BIN price on a cartridge expander with free shipping. . .$40 and its yours.

I put in a low ball offer of $30 and the seller accepted the offer.

So now I have one coming, of course with eBay forcing international shipping to Canada no matter what the seller says, as eBay takes the package from the seller in Chicago and then reboxes and ships it out, and our crappy loonies, the total came to $59 CAD.

At least still affordable compared to many previous offerings of these devices.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Wait, what?  When did this start?

A while ago. It's to make it easier for usa eBay sellers that don't want to deal with customs and documents. They just mail to the central eBay hub in Chicago, which of course in this case was free shipping.

And then eBay looks at the parcel, opens it up, fills out the paperwork, seals it back up, and then ships it out by some weird courier for the final trip. And the cost of that can be very high no matter how small the item. Plus it can sit at the eBay hub for over a week or two until there enough parcels going your way on the truck to the border. Which when finally occurs you get a tracking number and in really rare cases a partial refund on shipping fees if their automatic calculations were wrong.

That's why I try to only deal with Canadian eBay sellers or ones from UK at most.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

A while ago. It's to make it easier for usa eBay sellers that don't want to deal with customs and documents. They just mail to the central eBay hub in Chicago, which of course in this case was free shipping.

I honestly have not made any eBay sales in a while, let alone to Canada.  eBay's policies and fees have pushed me too far, so now I just sell through the AtariAge marketplace.  If this truly is forced upon sellers, it would be yet another reason why I will not sell on eBay.  And that Fast and Free thing?  Back when it was first introduced, eBay pushed it hard but did not tell us that we ate the shipping cost!  It cost me money to sell some items with the F&F program.  I was pissed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yet another ti99 super sketch has appeared for sale on eBay this one from a Canadian eBay'er.

Strange over the last few weeks there been at least one super sketch appearing and selling.

The flood of sketching is happening, now where is everyone uploading the pictures they have sketched in it making YouTube videos of using it.

At this rate maybe I should put mine on eBay if they keep selling like hotcakes recently.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/145928888133

Screenshot_20240803-223724.png

46 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Yet another ti99 super sketch has appeared for sale on eBay this one from a Canadian eBay'er.

Strange over the last few weeks there been at least one super sketch appearing and selling.

The flood of sketching is happening, now where is everyone uploading the pictures they have sketched in it making YouTube videos of using it.

At this rate maybe I should put mine on eBay if they keep selling like hotcakes recently.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/145928888133

Screenshot_20240803-223724.png

They want too effing much for them.

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

They want too effing much for them.

Amazing enough they are selling. The only one that has not yet is the one for just under $700 usd, but it's a sealed unused unit. All the open box used ones have been selling between $175 to $300, crazy times, strange how eBay goes in waves with multiple similar items selling over a couple of weeks.

Last month it was ti99 original flex cable interface cards by themselves, they just started appearing and selling no matter the price, even ones that were laying around for months never selling got bought up fast.

This month it's super sketch, I wonder what will be next month. Strange world of eBay.