IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Is it?  I know nothing about rarity.

All of the Scott Adams adventures are quite common on disk and cassette, but rarity is also somewhat locational. The disks may not have been common in Australia.

• Like 1

Is this one available online somewhere? * I remember seeing it in (I think) a Triton catalog, and it was the first RPG to ever catch my interest, in a sea of RPGs constantly advertised for other computers.  I finally made a jump with Pool of Radiance on my C64 (and I only just recently learned there is an Amiga version of it and others in the series!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235705834953

Screenshot2024-08-28at23-05-29Legendsadventuregame(1987)ontwodisksforTI-99_4AcomputereBay.thumb.png.6bb7adab42d7005aef2148a05f24a477.png

* Never mind!  I found it in my rats nest of TI files, along with Legends II.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2024 at 10:08 PM, OLD CS1 said:

Is this one available online somewhere? * I remember seeing it in (I think) a Triton catalog, and it was the first RPG to ever catch my interest, in a sea of RPGs constantly advertised for other computers.  I finally made a jump with Pool of Radiance on my C64 (and I only just recently learned there is an Amiga version of it and others in the series!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235705834953

Screenshot2024-08-28at23-05-29Legendsadventuregame(1987)ontwodisksforTI-99_4AcomputereBay.thumb.png.6bb7adab42d7005aef2148a05f24a477.png

* Never mind!  I found it in my rats nest of TI files, along with Legends II.

I bought both Legends and Legends II at one of the Chicago Faires in the mid-90's. Still have them in their original ziplock bags and all documentation. Damn good RPG's if you ask me.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I bought both Legends and Legends II at one of the Chicago Faires in the mid-90's. Still have them in their original ziplock bags and all documentation. Damn good RPG's if you ask me.

I've been reading up on the history of Sierra Online, it is one of the few large game houses from the 80's and early 90's that have had any kind of documented histories written about them. One common theme was the number of artist and musician's that were pulled in during that time period.   The TI world benefited from the time Don Grono's, Hank Mishkoff and Ken Gilliland spent in it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dhe said:

I've been reading up on the history of Sierra Online, it is one of the few large game houses from the 80's and early 90's that have had any kind of documented histories written about them. One common theme was the number of artist and musician's that were pulled in during that time period.   The TI world benefited from the time Don Grono's, Hank Mishkoff and Ken Gilliland spent in it.

The book Hackers gives a pretty good insight into the early days of Sierra. One of my most favorite books. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Canadian eBay seller that been selling off one good item at a time, has now put up for sale a Corcomp disk controller, and this sadly will end up in a bidding war for sure:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/405198688245

And south of the border we have a eBay seller offering up a thermal printer along with a 32k sidecar, with even a yellowed roll of paper.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/266974512977

Screenshot_20240902-025425.png

Screenshot_20240902-025735.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ti99iuc said:

I have a pair of corcomp 9900 but i am not sure they really works good. 

I would like to fine help to repair or purchase a good one.

I really like this card.

I am currently looking at repairing for ArcadeShopper, if I found what's wrong with it, I might be able to help you repair yours.

You can also buy these replacement kits from eBay, not sure if the included PALs come programmed or not, but I think the JED files are available for them.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/113047663091

Screenshot_20240902-092423.png

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

@Gary from OPA Thanks for the suggestion. I have purchased It and Hope this could help me to repair at least the One that works partially.

It can't format a disk and It can't Copy from a disk to another giving errors on both of the cases. So i have an Hope Reading also the rickydean's experience

Here is the thread about the replacement Jedec files for various TI cards, including the CC9900. You can use a GAL16v8D or some other substitute and can use a Minipro to program the GAL's. 

Edited by RickyDean
added content
  • Like 1