IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

17 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

I second that. I wish I could get my gold calculator watch from them repaired or find another one at an estate sale.

I just found a time-warped 1983 receipt from TI:  "Repair of TI-58 under warranty" ... but the owner's address is from the 1960s, the name on it was my dad's flatmate there, and it was forwarded  to my dad's TI mail stop in Lubbock in 1983.  (There was a really cool mail delivery robot.) Later sealed in a box for 40 years. 

If I can access the 58's Time Warp function, maybe they can repair your watch!

• Haha 2

Some collectors really go to the far extreme with wanting to have matching old Texas Instruments sockets for like when building a replica of an Apple 1 motherboard.

Why?

I never could understand, just use new sockets, but I guess if they are trying to make a retro machine have a higher price tag, you need matching original sockets from the '70s as well.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/256626584452

Screenshot_20240907-012024.png

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Serafini Lapo said:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/286050052478

good batch of Ti cartridges (with one, I think, used for display in retail stores). 👍🏻

That Tombstone City label looks odd.  I am assuming, given the Italian eBay site and EU location, these are not US carts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

A rare ti99 console for sale, the 1 key is broken, so you can never enter ti basic or play a 1 player game, must be the reason it is so costly.

Obviously it is a gaming kiosk.  You cannot enter TI BASIC (or the refueling tunnel in Parsec.)  On a serious and related note, I remember a user group guy way back talking about how he created a gaming console by removing the TI BASIC GROM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Obviously it is a gaming kiosk.  You cannot enter TI BASIC (or the refueling tunnel in Parsec.)  On a serious and related note, I remember a user group guy way back talking about how he created a gaming console by removing the TI BASIC GROM.

TI does a insert cartridge display on the second screen if no ti basic is found.

8 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

This TI AA coffee mug could be Texas Instruments AtariAge, just need to wipe out the bottom text line and keep the double A logo.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/286029699097

Screenshot_20240908-153734.png

Probably the only place to sell it would be on eBay, too.  Spring yeeted my officially-licensed TI Home Computer apparel store because I had two "AtariAge member exclusive" items, and its legal department had a conniption because I used the word "Atari."

Now that Albert, AtariAge, and Atari are one and the same, I wonder if I could get Spring to give me my store back.

• Like 1