IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

What about not "as-is"? Is the process the same as putting XB programs on FR99? (Save as merged, compile in EA to create E/A5 bin, use ti99dir to add v9t9 headers, use Module creator to make a non-inverted cartridge ready bin for fr99)

Perhaps I was not clear enough. My bad. :)

RXB is a language, just like regular XB. The Wilhelm compiler compiles BASIC and TIXB code, with certain caveats. The things about RXB that make it unique and different from vanilla XB are new subprograms and features that allow the user more freedom with the language. The CALL MOVES example is one of them.

The Wilhelm compiler does not look for this subprogram. Therefore, using it would not have any benefit if the goal is to compile your code for a FR99 conversion.

The advances of RXB over vanilla TIXB are numerous. Unfortunately, the current compiler simply doesn't understand what they are trying to do, because the creator of that compiler never programmed his compiler to accept these language changes. Perhaps one day Rich will make us an RXB compiler. :D

Anyway, RXB has some awesome features, but they cannot currently be exploited if you intend to compile your code.

• Like 1

and these are fairly easy to make a RGB SCART cable to work with the Geneve. A few pots on the right pins and s small voltage throws it in RGB mode.

If any Geneve users pick one up, the pots are key as I have seen each ohm setting be different to get a great picture. The pots allow you to adjust to what is required for your unit!

And it's not a bad price even with shipping.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

i'm getting ready to do my master dance on the treadmill so I will work on getting the wiring posted when I get back. I need to dig it out in my emails. I know I have it. I even did a small circuit board (hand wired pcb) with pots and connections for the DIN and SCART when I did mine a few years ago. (damn I should have kept the Geneve!)

• Like 1

This is what was provided to me by Tony Knerr (Gazoo) a few years ago. I ended up putting mine in a project box with. I used a SCART cable that I purchased from AMAZON or ebay for fairly cheap. I clipped one of the ends off and stripped wires. I used a cotinuity tester to find what wires went to what pins. I know people that have done this exact same thing but without using a project box and just put the pots on the cable and after set they taped them down securely to the cable. I wanted mine to easily be adjustable. So I bought some 1k pots that were long shaft that had a flat head slot for adjustment so they would stick up enough through the project box.

I should have taken pictures, but i did not. so the instructions provided to me that I went by are:

• You have to supply between 1 and 3 volts to pin 16 to activate the RGB interface. (I think it's in the manual; I useda 3v power supply)
  • Connect audio to both right and left inputs.
  • Sync goes to pin 20
  • Match up R, G, & B inputs
  • Tie all grounds together at SCART plug
  • Put 1k pots in series on the R, G, B, and sync lines.
  • Just the wiper and one of the fixed connections, don't tie the other side to ground.
You have to fiddle with the pots to get a nice clear picture.

I suppose i could do this if the routine is not very big.

Need to see how to detect the F18 for this to work.

And should be fine if it does not take much space.

Excellent! :) Thanks Rich.

You know, InsaneMultitasker did an incredible job with 80 column mode in his TIMXT communications program for calling the BBS's. He even has a routine for switching back to 40 column mode upon exiting the program. I imagine his code could be 'borrowed' and applied to this purpose.

Next purchase you will need to make is an rs232 card. This will allow serial interfacing so you can transfer programs.

You'll need an interface program on the TI. Do you have XB2.7? That will allow you to use cfhdxs1, which means you already have a transfer program on the TI.

If not, you will need a copy of MFM or cfhdxs1 on diskette or something of the like for the TI.

• Like 2

You'll need an interface program on the TI. Do you have XB2.7? That will allow you to use cfhdxs1, which means you already have a transfer program on the TI.

I believe he has a FlashROM 99, but as of this moment CFHDXS1 is not in the FR99 repository. :) Maybe someone who has a copy will convert it and put it in there. It looks like the need is there now, and probably will be again in the future..

• Like 1

Whoa. One thing at a time. Let this thing arrive undamaged and turn on and stare back at me first. :)

Well, I have to say, it was a hard sell but convinced my more reasonable half to say ok. So I'm not sure how soon I'll be purchasing anything more (at least not for a couple of months).

I am getting a donated TI-99/4a in the box by end of October. I'll probably do the internal 32k on mine and use the peb on that when it comes.

Otherwise; before October, I'll need a box of floppies ASAP though. Already working on it.

If anybody is still looking for a PEB and Just posted a TI lot in the marketplace that has a Console, PEB, and Video modulator that I purchased from a former TI Employee here in Houston and include the boxes they came in from the company store.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255942-ti-994a-console-peb-video-modulator-and-printer-from-former-ti-employee/

• Like 1

Well, I have to say, it was a hard sell but convinced my more reasonable half to say ok. So I'm not sure how soon I'll be purchasing anything more (at least not for a couple of months).

Okay when you're ready, it'll be your lucky day. I got a hold of my friend who is also an Atari Age member that has hooked up more than a few people up here with TI stuff. I mentioned you just got a P-Box and were in need. Anyway Dan, who goes by CantStopClicking can hook you up with EVERYTHING you need to just plug and go. He'll be able to sell you the entire assembly, drive(s), frame, correct cabling and even the power connector. No fuss, no muss. If interested, just click the link and leave him a personal message. As others will attest, he does good work and is very reasonable when it comes to pricing. Good luck!

• Like 1