IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

... sometimes I'll pick one up just for the shiny new case or keyboard.

I did that recently myself after abandoning a console for reasons I'll not go into here. The unit you see below will be a 'secondary machine'. When finished it will have Matt's side-car 32K and an F18A with an INTERNAL VGA to HDMI converter. After it's done I'll probably try to sell my 'backup' P-Box and the other spare console I have.

gallery_35324_1001_1276396.jpg

• Like 2

So I'm attempting to recoup some of my TI expenses so I can get more TI stuff. This isn't a TI product. But if anyone's interested... BTW - This is how I think ebay auctions should go. Starting amount to cover shipping and a few plus. Offer free shipping and put it up for bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201686819454

I hope to be able to either get an F18A or a TI with one already installed. That's basically it. So wish me luck.

He told me the producers of HALT AND CATCH FIRE (on AMC) purchased a ton of his inventory. My wife and I enjoy the show as it's not really anything close to a documentary, yet they skirt around many issues of the 80s-90s computing days. One of the main characters worked at TI (speak and spell product) and mentioned the power supply problem and cancelling the TI-99/4 during one episode. Weird part: I've watched every episode with eagle-eyes yet haven't noticed ANY TI hardware on the show. Zip! Lots of PC and Commodore stuff, a bit of Atari. Fun show though. I enjoy hitting pause and explaining references to She-who-must-be-obeyed. Thinking the producers must have tossed everything they received from Waterloo into the Hollywood landfill.

• Like 1

He told me the producers of HALT AND CATCH FIRE (on AMC) purchased a ton of his inventory. My wife and I enjoy the show as it's not really anything close to a documentary, yet they skirt around many issues of the 80s-90s computing days. One of the main characters worked at TI (speak and spell product) and mentioned the power supply problem and cancelling the TI-99/4 during one episode. Weird part: I've watched every episode with eagle-eyes yet haven't noticed ANY TI hardware on the show. Zip! Lots of PC and Commodore stuff, a bit of Atari. Fun show though. I enjoy hitting pause and explaining references to She-who-must-be-obeyed. Thinking the producers must have tossed everything they received from Waterloo into the Hollywood landfill.

I think I remember seeing a PEB on a shelf in that guy's garage in the first season

So I'm attempting to recoup some of my TI expenses so I can get more TI stuff. This isn't a TI product. But if anyone's interested... BTW - This is how I think ebay auctions should go. Starting amount to cover shipping and a few plus. Offer free shipping and put it up for bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201686819454

I hope to be able to either get an F18A or a TI with one already installed. That's basically it. So wish me luck.

Not even one bid. Free relisting.

• Like 1

But it is being sold by one of the most duplicitous sellers on eBay. . .sometimes his stuff works as advertized, but it often arrives with damage that isn't identified in the listing or it doesn't work at all. About half of the things I've gotten from him were exactly as described--but I've been luckier than most. He disappeared from here after a few of his really bad bargains were sold to other members. . .note also that there are two PEBs up from the same seller. They are actually priced reasonably, assuming you have a spare Flex Cable, as they have none. They would also work fine as Geneve boxes. It looks like he's actually pictured all of the defects on both of those too, so there isn't much he can hide.

Edited by Ksarul