IGNORED

Cannot get Atari800MacX to work on OS X 10.8.4

Rafagon

Greetings, everyone! I'm having a difficult time getting Atari800MacX to work here on OS X 10.8.4. Is it even possible?

I have the necessary ROMs, but they crash on me upon attempting startup.

I've tried both ATARIOSB.ROM and ATARIXL.COM.

Here is the error message I get with ATARIXL.COM:

The Atari800MacX Emulator has detected an unrecoverable error. Please select ColdStart or WarmStart to attempt restart, Monitor to enter monitor, Eject to eject Cartridge or Boot Disk, or Quit to exit the emulator

And here is the screen capture from the crash:

post-36789-0-65426700-1377449788_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer!

-Rafagon

Strange... here it does not work. Screen output appears not to work. I rebooted the MAC, no effect yet.

Only thing I know is that I recently updated JAVA to be able to run the MegaCart Studio program... but I do not expect Atari800Mac being related to a JAVA release.

To be more specific: it happens here as soon as i mount an ATR to D1: and then hit SHIFT + FN + F5.

I can do that without problems. Which configuration is set in atari800macx´ prefs? Maybe your OS-file is corrupted somehow?

For me it just works fine on MBP with X.8.4

PMd you.

Thank you for your help, @skr! Issue is resolved!

@Prowizard, make sure your .ROM files are residing in the appropriate subfolders of the Atari800MacX folder. That was my problem. After I saw skr's configuration screen, I realized I had to put my own ROMs there, not in any other folder of my choosing.

-Rafagon

Thank you for your help, @skr! Issue is resolved!

@Prowizard, make sure your .ROM files are residing in the appropriate subfolders of the Atari800MacX folder. That was my problem. After I saw skr's configuration screen, I realized I had to put my own ROMs there, not in any other folder of my choosing.

-Rafagon

@Rafagon and @skr,

Thanks for your help, but that is not the issue here. I'm using this emulator, with same setup for a long time, and 'suddenly' it does not work anymore. I'm really curious why. I think I'll install it again and do some disk util maintenance on OS X. Perhaps it helps.

I hope it will work... thanks anyway for your help guys. Always nice!

Greetz!