IGNORED

Surface and Atariage

Charlie_

When I use my Surface RT and I try to reply to a post the touchscreen keyboard pops up but then goes right back away.
I have to manually bring up touch keyboard. This is with the Metro version of IE and I've not had the problem with any other forum sites.
Not sure what's going on but thought I'd post about the issue.

also, I was just unable to post this in the metro browser said you must type a post

Hi Al. I've cleared it all and it does the same thing. I'm replying here with the Win 8 Metro browser on my laptop and that now seems to be working fine. I'll plug my KB into the surface and try that way.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Surface, so I can't try to reproduce the problem. I looked on Invision's support forum and bug tracker and nothing of relevance comes up when I search for "surface". Were you successfully using your Surface before the forum upgrade?

..Al

with the Surface Metro Browser and replying (rather typing in any forum field) the text is not bold and tell me "your post is empty".

Of course I can only type this with the keyboard snapped in as the touch KB shows and then quickly hides itself.

Did this all work before the forum upgrade?

Thanks,

..Al

And , yes before the update the Metro browsers worked fine.

I suspect there's still something residual in the Metro browsers that's causing the problem--could be something that's shared with the UC browser as well. I wonder if a clean Surface tablet that's never visited the forums (with any Metro browser) works fine.

..Al

So far I have discovered that my Surface does not seem to be deleting temporary internet files. They say to open the browser, swipe in from the right, choose setting, internet options and tap clear internet history. I have done that yet when I return to atariage.com I am still logged in.

So, something is not working right....

So far I have discovered that my Surface does not seem to be deleting temporary internet files. They say to open the browser, swipe in from the right, choose setting, internet options and tap clear internet history. I have done that yet when I return to atariage.com I am still logged in.

So, something is not working right....

The login settings are stored as cookies, so you would need to remove those. I'm guessing that "deleting temporary internet files" does not delete cookies in that browser. Normally you need to explicitly delete the cookies, as opposed to the cache, as these are two different things. I do recommend deleting any atariage.com-related cookies to see if that helps.

..Al

I got it working. Apparently the desktop and metro browsers share some settings. In the desktop version, in the delete internet files dialog box there is an option set by default to preserve favorites sites data. Once I unchecked that went back to the metro browser, deleted history again, I was signed out. Signed back in and everything works great. :)

And yes, I purchased and love my Surface :thumbsup:

Awesome, glad you were able to get it working. :)

..Al

Thanks. The Delete History is supposed to do it all. However I think they changed that because people wanted more control. So they must have tied it to the desktop versions settings dialog. All the information I found when searching though was from the original way.

Also FYI, not sure if it was the site update or an MS update but I can now press enter and it works now here at AA. Previously in the Metro browser that was broken. I think I started a post about it.

Thanks again!

Also FYI, not sure if it was the site update or an MS update but I can now press enter and it works now here at AA. Previously in the Metro browser that was broken. I think I started a post about it.

Thanks again!

Pretty sure that was the forum update. They did a substantial amount of work with the editor.

..Al

When I use my Surface RT and I try to reply to a post the touchscreen keyboard pops up but then goes right back away.

I have to manually bring up touch keyboard. This is with the Metro version of IE and I've not had the problem with any other forum sites.

Not sure what's going on but thought I'd post about the issue.

also, I was just unable to post this in the metro browser said you must type a post

This happened to me after the site update, too. Toggling the editor mode to wysiwyg kept the keyboard up. Haven't read rest of thread yet regarding cached files... need to do that, since 'advanced' mode still has the problem for me.

Edited by intvsteve