IGNORED

RMT songline

This could be wrong but I think at some stage stereo detection was added to RMT. Various ways to detect second Pokey, discussed before, including keyboard register, running a timer etc etc.

Playing a stereo song essentially means that values are stored to $D21x - if no second Pokey is present then it overwrites the single Pokey. So essentially you'd get Pokey #1 notes played for a very brief period like 1/2 a scanline or so then Pokey #2 notes for the remainder of the frame.

Not desirable really, so detection is the way to go.

This could be wrong but I think at some stage stereo detection was added to RMT. Various ways to detect second Pokey, discussed before, including keyboard register, running a timer etc etc.

Playing a stereo song essentially means that values are stored to $D21x - if no second Pokey is present then it overwrites the single Pokey. So essentially you'd get Pokey #1 notes played for a very brief period like 1/2 a scanline or so then Pokey #2 notes for the remainder of the frame.

Not desirable really, so detection is the way to go.

so rmt autodetects single or dual pokey on real hardware to play the best audio it can right now?

so rmt autodetects single or dual pokey on real hardware to play the best audio it can right now?

Don't know about auto detection, but there is a mode, where you can play standard 4 noise tune in a way known from Amiga on 2 pokeys, if they are there. My Lotus II title song conversation uses this feature.

STEREOMODE	equ 2				;0 => compile RMTplayer for mono 4 tracks
;								;1 => compile RMTplayer for stereo 8 tracks
;								;2 => compile RMTplayer for 4 tracks stereo L1 R2 R3 L4
;								;3 => compile RMTplayer for 4 tracks stereo L1 L2 R3 R4
;
Edited by pps

Don't know about auto detection, but there is a mode, where you can play standard 4 noise tune in a way known from Amiga on 2 pokeys, if they are there. My Lotus II title song conversation uses this feature.

STEREOMODE	equ 2				;0 => compile RMTplayer for mono 4 tracks
;								;1 => compile RMTplayer for stereo 8 tracks
;								;2 => compile RMTplayer for 4 tracks stereo L1 R2 R3 L4
;								;3 => compile RMTplayer for 4 tracks stereo L1 L2 R3 R4
;

that's all i needed to know :thumbsup: