IGNORED

Paolo Bagnaresi

Astharot

That is very sad news.

I met Paolo at one of the international TI-Treffs (Wuppertal, Germany) a few years ago.

He was a really nice guy and he sure knew what he was talking about, a great programmer indeed.

EDIT: Here's a link to a youtube video with Paolo: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/200061-interview-with-paolo-bagneresi-about-ti99-pc/?hl=%2Byoutube+%2Bpaolo

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 5

I have never met Paolo but I recall seeing his name around. A community hurts throughout when someone passes. I know the feeling of losing someone; my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family for consolation and strength during their times of need. My gratitude to Paolo for his contributions.

• Like 4

Paolo was one of the TI-God's in my book.

I'm glad to see so much of him will continue to live on in his work, that he will not be forgotten.

BA-Writer is one example of Paolo's work. That program will run in any environment, and it's built-in loader will load stuff that other programs choke on! It's the only TI-Writer variant that I use.

What is your favorite Paolo Bagnaresi program? Post a link to it here, as some of us may have overlooked some of his work.

• Like 2

Berry Harmsen in 2008 wrote a biography of Paolo Bagnaresi, at this page there is all what he done for the community.... Thank you Paolo.

http://www.ti99hof.org/bios/PaoloBagnaresi/PaoloBagnaresi.htm

This is an Article on my UG page website (click on the flag for your language):

http://www.ti99iuc.it/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65%3Auna-grave-perdita-per-la-community-ti99-italiana&catid=17%3Aarticoli&Itemid=2

Edited by ti99userclub
  • Like 3

I just happened to use BA Writer this morning, under XB and Classic 99. When it comes to word processing on my TI system or emulation, it is the only program I use as well.

BA-Writer is one example of Paolo's work. That program will run in any environment, and it's built-in loader will load stuff that other programs choke on! It's the only TI-Writer variant that I use.

• Like 1

I can't convey how much I'll miss Paolo. We've lost a brilliant mind and a wonderful person.

I was just working with him on fixing some bugs in TI99-PC just a few months ago when I got tied up with "life" and just haven't had a chance to get back to it. His last email to me said, "not to worry, we have plenty of time." which was in response to my email saying I had been tied up. Damnit! That wasn't plenty of time Paolo!

I'd have to say my favorite piece of software from Paolo was TI99-PC. I use that more than any other TI program because it "just works!".

On a side note: Does anyone have the ability to obtain his code and/or documentation? I'd hate to see all his efforts and knowledge he provided to the TI community get lost forever. I'd be more than happy to help get it on some place like WHTECH if there's a way and a desire. (I hope this doesn't sound insincere, it isn't meant to be)

Either way; Super bummed out... RIP my friend! Say Hi to my dad! (who I lost to illness recently as well)

-Dano

• Like 1