IGNORED

Anyone else attend the auction in Atlanta last Saturday?

Room 34

Was it just me, or did that selection SUCK? I made a feeble attempt to bid on the Dig Dug. (I bid at $325; it actually WENT for $425... my wife's stern admonishment not to buy anything was still ringing in my ears.)

There was a SWEET Tempest machine that went for $900, but that was just about the only good thing there (other than the game where you pedal the bike and steer the human-powered aircraft around to pop balloons... I LOVE that game!)...

The machine that took the cake had to be the cocktail table pinball machine (never seen one before!) that had a LITERAL RAT'S NEST inside on the playfield. YUCK!

I hope the next auction's better... but it's 5 days after my son is due to be born so I probably won't make it! :D :sad: :roll: :D

No, I haven't... where is it?  I have a pinball machine that needs some board repairs...

It's called Gameroom Classics .. on Brockett Rd at Lawrenceville Hwy .. (across the parking lot from Value Village Thrift) just outside of I-285. Phone: 770-270-8911 Call ahead as they have weird hours ... Cool dusty pinball/ video arcade repair shop.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

It's called Gameroom Classics .. on Brockett Rd at Lawrenceville Hwy .. (across the parking lot from Value Village Thrift) just outside of I-285.  Phone: 770-270-8911  Call ahead as they have weird hours ...  Cool dusty pinball/ video arcade repair shop.

OK... I stopped by that place one time, when they were supposed to be open (at about 4 PM on a Friday), and it was all locked up. The lights were all on but no one was inside.

I guess it would pay to call ahead. Thanks for the tip!