IGNORED

WTB: Vs. Super Mario Bros for NES

bigbee99

I missed picking up this cart a few years back and I would love to get my hands on one. RetroUSB still does not carry it. If anyone has one they would like to get rid of let me know a price. I'm sure we can work something out.

Here is the cart I am looking for. It sold for $50 back then. Who knows what it would go for now?

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=94

Thanks

Don't feel any regrets my friend.

I purchased it immediately, right when it became available, and it had a "bug" in the code which caused text to randomly start appearing on some worlds after world 5 or 6. The seller realized this, found the bug, corrected it, and offered to update the carts for free, but of course you had to send the cart back to do so. (waste of time & money for me)

Then, salt was thrown on the wound when I came to realize that another guy now sells them WITH the high score save feature implemented.

Lastly, the game is tons of fun, especially if you loved SMB like I did because it has so many differences and presents a welcome challenge to play and beat the game. However, if your like me, and you have kids, the lack of a PAUSE function kills the fun factor. You have to have a complete uninterrupted hour or two to really play through every world, see everything, and complete the game. And with kids & real life constantly interrupting you, and no ability to pause the game, you will lose your time and lives in the game before you know it.

My advice to you:

Wait until someone makes a version that has both the high score save feature implemented, as well as a pause feature.

(oh and when they do, let me know so I can buy one as well!)

Edited by Supergun