IGNORED

reproduction / custom labels

mkiker2089

I experimented with using Scotch laminating pouches, I had good results so far. I'm just getting into this as well, wanting to make stuff for my personal collection. It's the materials to print on (ie silver foil and the aluminum type material used on CV faceplates) that's got me stuck at the moment. I wish I had better equipment and expertise in this area.. It's a fun new hobby for me. :-)

Btw Phil, I'm still interested in ordering some labels and overlays from you still, here in the near future. I like tinkering around with things myself but your work is top-notch. I'll send a PM when ready

Same for me... I just want to make my personal collection look better. For the aluminum prints, I've been using the Chromaroll aluminum film for inkjet printers..

http://www.amazon.com/Chromaroll-Micro-Sheet-11-Inch-5-Pack/dp/B009QMG2GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391622457&sr=8-1&keywords=chromaroll

It is ok, although the blacks are not perfect and the film is really shiny and you have to handle them very carefully.. I started using gloves, because they can easily get fingerprints...

I use a cheap Canon injket printer and it's ok..

Cool, I'll look into it! Thanks for the info :-D

Currently, I have an HP Photosmart C4599 all in one, ink jet printer but am looking at other options.. I need something that isn't restricted to regular 8.5x11 sizing, something that can go outside the box if need be. That way I can print just about whatever.. I hope. Guess I'm treading on the industrial side there but there's got to be something out there for a reasonable price..

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85