IGNORED

2600 Junior chips removed from motherboard

johnkyrle

Ok just a quick update.My VCS Vader 2600 was bought new in box but did not work.A second VADER bought from eBay was also found to be faulty.Mmmm.I had a good 2600 Junior Black Irish import but with a knackered cart slot.No worries,I had 2 Junior long rainbows and 1 Junior short rainbow so transplanted the good board from one long rainbow into the Junior Black.I should mention that the sacrificial Junior was missing the lugs on the cart slot so would not play earlier Atari games.

My main question is,does anyone on here able to resolder my good chips into my 4 switch motherboard??????Tricky I know and it was hard enough to remove them (thank god for solder suckers!

IMO its 10x harder to remove chips than to put them back in (unless you just dont give a hoot about the pcb) . and if your motherboard doesnt have sockets, now is a good time to install them, better to melt a socket than burn a chip

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1