IGNORED

*sniff* My Tron Deadly Discs boots no more

intvsteve

Sorry to hear that... It was such a great game... :sad:

You could play Deadly Dogs while waiting for your replacement.

Hehe.

I have an extra, if you need a replacement

I'm likely to have another secured in the SUG. Just have to do the autopsy ... er ... variant uniqueness check before the installation of the successor to the throne.

That's the ironic part. Tron was living in gentle comfort, while all of his distant cousins from the slums are hale and hardy, working just fine. I think this one may be a surface mount, since the cartridge shell is one of the kinds without screws.

Edited by intvsteve

I had an Intellivision Inc Mr Basic that arrived in a crushed cart case. I broke open the plastic case, pulled out the PCB, and slid the bare PCB directly into a console and the damn thing worked. I heated up the old shell with a hair dryer and carefully removed the label. I was all ready to place the working PCB and cart label on a new shell borrowed from a Sub Hunt, but apparently the PCBs that came in the screwless shells didn't fit in the ones with screws, so I never completed the transplant. The point is that it wasn't dead yet. Never say never ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, that fathom has got to hurt. The worst problem with the Imagic carts is that to open them up you have to ruin the label. It's possible that a solder point has cracked and that re-flowing the solder points could fix it. The Tron cart is one of those 'no screws for you' shells, and I can't recall how to get those to open.