IGNORED

Basic questions involving bank switching, fotr & music

dayeight

Bank switching: That is the only way to get over 4k, correct? Is this done via coding or is having 8k automatic?

Project I want to do: Since I know I can't code in asm, but since people were kind enough to bless us with a text adventure skeleton http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...SoftwareID=3369 and mr. slocum's new sequencer kit http://qotile.net/sequencer.html which says the tunes can be injected into current projects. So I asked mr. slocum if it would be possible to use the dark mage skeleton to make a text adventure with music. He said yes, but you'd prolly have to kick it up to an 8k cartridge.

So... this goes back to bankswitching, do i have to do bankswitching via programming? And for anyone whose looked at the seq kit, would it be simple jump (is that right?) routines to match the current location to a selected tune?

And I guess before I start any of this, hozer can make an 8k cartridge for me right? I'm using this for a senior showing at school if i can figure it out.

Yes, bankswitching will have to be done in code. My personal opinion is, stay away from trying to make a 2600 game without assembler knowledge.

Hozer no longer exists but you will be able to purchase bankswitched PCB's from AtariAge very soon.

Oh, welcome to the board. ;)

Yes, bankswitching will have to be done in code. My personal opinion is, stay away from trying to make a 2600 game without assembler knowledge.  

Hozer no longer exists but you will be able to purchase bankswitched PCB's from AtariAge very soon.  

Oh, welcome to the board.

Well, I'm a quickish learner and its not like I don't have any programming expierince, I'm just trying to minimize pain.

Can you define "very soon"? Hopefully late April at the latest?

And thank you, but my stats do tell me I have posted 7 other messages as some pount :D