IGNORED

One of those "What is it Worth" threads

AtariLeaf

So I picked up that Atari/nes/sega lot last week from a coworker and he still has an 800xl, 3 disk drives, some manuals, and books, and a plastic tray of disks, some original like a bolderdash and a bunch of homemade copies. I should have taken pictures but didn't have a phone with a camera with me

Everything was kinda dusty and dirty and the 800xl was very worn looking and at this time I have no idea if anything works but assuming everything does, what would be a good ballpark asking price? He seems to be in the $150 - $200 range which I balked at, and is the reason I left it behind.

To me the 800xl itself, if all the keys work, the ram test checks out, etc is a $20 - $30 item, not sure about disk drives (1050's?) and I personally don't put any value on disks, especially without boxes even if some are original.

Is his price reasonable or what might a fair offer be?

I don't think there is anything wrong with paying 50 bucks a 1050, or 50 bucks for a 800xl, They should be nice and clean though.We all love this equipment, know it's well made, has sentimental value, so wouldn't mind dropping what really amounts to a nice dinner and movie with the wife.. not really sure how something I keep on a shelf for 25 years because it's not garbage can only be worth $20! This is good stuff.

It is so hard to say.

At this point (from now on) I am only interested in New In Box items. All other stuff is not interesting for me anymore (I can build a big house from all atari equipment floating around here).

But for regular users... I'd say a price from 10 euro - 15 euro for a dirty yellowed old atari 800xl. And 20 - 50 euro for a better - very good look atari 800xl.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the guy yesterday and he still has the 800xl and either two or 3 1050's with assorted loose disks, magazines, books etc. I may be able to get him down to $75 for the lot. Thing is he says he hasn't tested anything, which in and of itself doesn't mean nothing works - the 6 switch woody I got from him works just fine. Hopefully I can make a deal for the rest of this stuff soon, I can live with $75.