IGNORED

Atari Handy Specifications & binder: anybody want it?

El Destructo

I still have this from 1989, when I was contemplating developing for the Lynx. It's a big blue binder containing 250+ pages of CONFIDENTIAL & PROPRIETARY ;) documentation for all aspects of the Lynx hardware and Amiga-based development software.

Does anyone want this? I'll send it to whoever pays for shipping; preferably someone who will make the information available on the 'net, if it isn't already.

Of course, if someone wants to offer real money, I'll take that, too.

I'm located in Portland, Oregon, for shipping purposes.

i collect lynx stuff too and would be willing to pay as myatari states above

but not very much,as i can still get this stuff from another source yet for

under a $100.unless you have more stuff yet to offer.i was quoted a price

of $70 dollars by my source.you stated someone just paying shipping on

it if someone was interested.sky is not the limit for me.i don't think bruce/

b&c/myatari will be willing to pay anything near "sky" to get it either.i'm

only being a practical lynx collector here.-chris

Thank you everyone for your interest. I am moving and will be offline for a few days; after that, I'll be back to figure out who I should send this to.

Again, my goal is to make this information available to as many people as possible. HTML format would be the best, but a scanned PDF would be fine, too. Only someone willing and able to create one of these is going to get them.

Thanks,

if this is your goal then it will happen at bruce's/b&c/myatari's gain.bruce

and b&c are a lynx copy service of anything for lynx.so this item will turn

up on the b&c site and on ebay for a "good" price to all lyners that are at

least willing to pay the going rate-whatever that may turn out to be.i hope,

it is at least reasonable for those that may want to own it!i would hate to

see us lynxers all getting shafted by a profiteer out there.we already have

enough lynx pirates doing up fake lynx eprom protos on ebay and such.we

shall see,i guess.-chris

Hello!

Again, my goal is to make this information available to as many people as possible. HTML format would be the best, but a scanned PDF would be fine, too. Only someone willing and able to create one of these is going to get them.

The most important part of the developer-manual is accessable since years on Bastian Schick's website. What's missing is the part describing

the Amiga-software, we decided to ignore these pages because

most of the people will never have access to hw and sw used

with the Amiga.

Matthias

I think it would be good if it were donated to a site like, um, say, AtariAge? :D Or at least some site that already has good scans and such of other development documents. I'd really like to see the info in this too.

I got one copy years ago when I signed up as a developer.

Unfortunately the photo-copy material is such that the pages have started to get glued to each other.

The manual does not have too much data about the Lynx itself that would not be found at the net already.

But the internal memos are very very entertaining.

There is a lot good humour between the software and the hardware people. Something like:

"I should also write about one more thing to watch out but there is no time now. I will probably forget what it was by the next time I get back to this topic."

"I have forgotten."

There was also some tape interface planned for the Lynx and you could either have a cart model or a tape model etc.

There is also a huge section devoted to the shift register values that can be used for the audio and there is discussions of how the designers intended to use the audio for games. (This info is not on the net yet...)

This binder was a snapshot of all internal stuff. I wonder if all the binders are alike. I mean that perhaps people who signed up later got more material than the ones who signed up earlier. I signed up for it very late. The Lynx II was already out when I got involved.

I never produced anything for the Lynx because I was fooled by the ads to believe that it had a 16 bit CPU. When I got this binder and found out how buggy their 16 bit arithmetics was I changed to a bugfree platform and coded for that instead. But now when my kids started to show interest I have dusted off the old manuals and started to code again.

--

Karri