IGNORED

Star Raiders - any easter eggs?

Keatah

I got to reading -- http://atariage.com/forums/topic/3305-the-last-starfighter-meets-star-trek/page-2 -- but for some reason it got locked. I dislike threads locked because they are old. This is a retrocomputing forum. And material here is old. Users are old too. And what's old is new again!

I wanted to ask something about my favorite 8-bit game, Star Raiders, and if there were any easter eggs in it? The only things I could think of off hand is messing around with the refueling shuttle and bullying it. And some sort of LongRangeScan trick. Though I don't remember the details.

I believe the long range trick is be on that screen and "line-up" the enemy ships at the very top of the screen, fire a couple of torpedoes ON THAT screen in their direction and wait for the shots to pass over them. Then switch back to forward view and the enemies should now be in short range and ready to engage! It's used in the higher levels where they are well out of range and you have to go hunt for them. It's designed so the player has to use more time and make it possible for the Zylons to surround a Starbase and use more fuel. The first level they always seek you out.

Edited by SoundGammon