IGNORED

Big Atari 8-Bit Lot For Sale

invisible kid

What scares me from this deal is that he attempted to fix a 1200XL keyboard and took apart a 130XE to check a memory problem, but didn't plug in 800s and 800XLs for any testing at all. Doesn't sound logical to me.

Redman

Hi, I'm the seller. What happened was I didn't do those things just before the sale but in my years of owning the equipment. I did the 1200xl fix a couple of years ago. I think the remaining problem after the fix wasn't the traces but where it connects to the board. The 1200xl is so big that when you lift it up you can feel the entire case kinda shift. I believe I've read on these forums people inserting filler at the connect point to make it more tight and impervious to the case stress. Likewise on the 130xe, I acquired it a few years ago and when I tried it out some of the memory was failing. I opened it up to fix it, but the memory chips inside did not match the how-to documents out there. That is why I have that piece of paper on the top. I thought it might have been a homebrew memory upgrade gone wrong and always planned to revisit it, but never had the time.

TLDR: Those issues were discovered years ago and I planned to finish the 130xe but time caught me unawares.

Edit: Also, if someone is interested on the working status on a particular item or more detailed info, I can grab it and check it, I just didn't have the time to test everything.

Edited by invisible kid
  • Like 1