IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 21 ~ Midnight Magic

Vocelli

Sorry, but the T&F controller does not work with Midnight Magic - the red button has no function...

attachicon.gifFotos-1167.jpg

I use the down arrow on my keyboard to bring the plunger back. Use the red button to release the plunger. This is using Stella on my PC with the T&F controller plugged into a Stelladapter.

Edited by Zoyx

I've found that I can have a bunch of games in a row that end in seconds, and then I'll get one ball that refuses to drain, without regard to how inept my playing is. Also, found out that 5X is the maximum multiplier, which was a common parameter in the brick-and-mortar machines back in the day.

post-26187-0-73560900-1380832208_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I use the down arrow on my keyboard to bring the plunger back. Use the red button to release the plunger. This is using Stella on my PC with the T&F controller plugged into a Stelladapter.

I was wondering how you pulled back the plunger. Thanks for the description. Since my mind is easily confused, I gave up trying to push right when the ball went right and left when the ball went left, and I just pull down to cover both options. Now that I have a decent (for me) score, I might try to fine tune things a little bit more.

Funny, my first go-around with the bonus game, I got around 13,000 total. My second go-around, I got almost 85,000 on the first ball! That's how the pinball bounces.

Video Pinball

post-2105-0-46280900-1380952889_thumb.jpg

Looks like I need to get my Midnight Magic score up if I want extra bonus points.

Edited by Miss 2600

I don't know how you guys are getting those monster scores above 500k! I'll have to watch Oyama's video....

Anyways, an improvement for me: 323,735

I even got the 5x bonus this game :)

It's been a while since I did any tips, so here ya go:

1. Extra Ball is everything. Get the first multiplier and then the extra ball lane before worrying about anything else.

2. When the ball is on the lower flippers, the only goal is to get the ball back to the top of the machine.

3. Use the the upper flipper backflip into the sponge target. There are not many controlled shots available, but this is one of them. After hitting the target, the ball will roll straight down the wall onto the upper flipper. Any of the multiplier targets can be hit from either upper flipper this way.

4. Chain the extra balls together. Gauge the plunger shot to clear targets. The targets do not reset when an extra ball drains, so there are probably less targets needed to get the next extra ball. The multiplier stays, too, which boosts the score.

5. If the ball is speeding toward the bottom flippers, be patient and let the ball bounce when there is no good shot available. It's easier to lose the ball by flipper-flailing than it is by watching it bounce.

6. The safest shot from the lower flippers is the center spinner. This is also the 5X money shot. The spinner scores big and the ball ends up in the middle of the bumpers that are worth 5000 points a pop.

• Like 1

BONUS SCORE

914,220 mm - 847,333 vp = 66,887 difference

post-32348-0-69229300-1381081681_thumb.jpg

Was at 700,000 on ball one, then everything went horribly wrong. But I'll take it.

Video Pinball Bonus +1

871,155 - 844,603 = 26,552

Lost a bonus point, but still a net gain with the new score.

Same here...

This game doesn't want me to make 999,999.

At least I got 1 bonus point for scoring less than 100 lower.

I've been out of town visiting family, & getting very little Midnight Magic time.

I did manage to play a few games, no pic sorry!

but it is not an impressive score anyway

i was just starting to hit the multipliers

had over 101K but lost the score so I just rounded it down to 101