IGNORED

Donkey Kong 3 Error Message?

goatdan

Hey,

So I got myself DKC3 yesterday after wanting it for years, and I rushed upstairs to play before going to bed. After an initial plug with nothing showing up, I took it back out and plugged it back in. This time I get a screen that says something to the extent of,

"This game cartridge will not run while hooked up to a game copying or recording device."

I've got the game hooked up to my SNES on my Amiga monitor. I've never had a problem with another game, and I never even knew there was a game copyier or recording device for the SNES. Any way to get past this screen? Help!?!

I just want to play DKC3! :x

Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly -- this is the SNES game Donkey Kong Country 3 made by Rare and Produced by Nintendo. I'm playing it on a SNES ver 1 with absolutely no modifications, and the game tells me that it won't let me boot it because it is either...

1) a pirated copy of the game (which it is not)

- or -

2) I have it in a copying machine so I can pirate the game (which I am not trying to do.)

I've beat and loved both DKC and DKC2, and I really wanted to play 3 :sad:

All I could think of doing is possibly cleaning the port in the SNES, cleaning the contacts of the cartridge itself, -AND- opening up the cartridge, checking the traces and the pins of the chips on the circuit board. Some dirt/dust could be fudging up the information sent to and from the game. That, or it could be you need to try it on another SNES console.

I'm very foggy on the details myself but I remember reading how later models were changed to combat the Game Genie and other devices. This could figure into it somehow.

I'm going to be really sad if it won't work on my "new" version SNES. How could Nintendo make their own game incompatible with their system? :(

I guess this is where it is good to be a game dealer. I'll try it with some of the other systems that the GOAT Store has, and if it doesn't work I'll take it back :sad: