IGNORED

Looking for an XEX version of Atari Pilot language for XL

ACML

Okay,

attached you will find a COM/XEX version of Pilot as well as some other languages. And before you ask for some sources, I have also attached three images with Pilot sources for you to play around...

-Andreas Koch.

Thanks, but these are not compatible with the XL OS. They have to run on the 800 OSB. It appears no one ported a Pilot cartridge that works on an XL OS in an XEX format. Still hoping someone has one ????

Thanks for the post, though, Andreas Koch.

I'll second that as one of the goodies enclosed was EASMD version 1, I've been looking forever for that one. I for one am amazed at the goodies you keep coming up with, Andreas. Your vast collection of files and memory in order to find them makes you quite an asset at this site, keep up the good work.

If a link to the ROM file can materialize, I could take a look at it at least. I strongly suspect it's a super cart and as such does not lend itself to such conversions easily or most likely not possible at all, unless someone goes to the trouble of back engineering the code to run as desired if that is even possible. A bit before my time so forgive me when I ask, was PILOT an OSS release or just who did sell these back in the day? TIA

I'll second that as one of the goodies enclosed was EASMD version 1, I've been looking forever for that one. I for one am amazed at the goodies you keep coming up with, Andreas. Your vast collection of files and memory in order to find them makes you quite an asset at this site, keep up the good work.

If a link to the ROM file can materialize, I could take a look at it at least. I strongly suspect it's a super cart and as such does not lend itself to such conversions easily or most likely not possible at all, unless someone goes to the trouble of back engineering the code to run as desired if that is even possible. A bit before my time so forgive me when I ask, was PILOT an OSS release or just who did sell these back in the day? TIA

Hi,

Here is the rom.

Pilot (1981).bin

It's just a regular 8kb rom.

Good Luck!

Here is my version, a tribute to Russ Gilbert's EdAssm executable that he made way before this site even existed if that don't bend your brain too much. He wanted to use the EdAss cart without having to reboot and plug it in so he just added the proper file header to load the code where it lives and added INIT and RUN vectors to the end to make it all work. This approach allows for returning to DOS and still have it use DOSINI the way DOS is supposed to as a side note. If MEM.SAV is functioning you should be fine when loading it back it in too provided you haven't used COPY files past the end of DUP.SYS. In which case you could just reload your Pilot source code again and be good to go at the point. At least that's how it's supposed to all work out, but I can't swear to it since my Atari is down for the moment and I haven't tested it first hand.

This is not a 'better' version than what was already posted, this is just an example of how to turn a standard cart into a run file for people who would like to know how to do this. I did exactly as Russ did above. There are six extra file header bytes in this version and eight more at the end to properly load the cart's INIT and RUN vectors into DOS's location for these same vectors. That's it, that's all you need to have happen.

Pilot.zip