IGNORED

PS3 Slim Won't Power on...after being on stand by.

mtshark7

My friend asked me to fix his PS3 Slim. When I plug the power cord into the system the red standby button turns on but as soon as I turn on the power after a second it turns off and won't turn back on again. Even the red standby button turns off.

I'm assuming that the power supply within the system has died? Not sure if this is a common issue with these units.

Looking at other places online it seems it could be either A) Bad power supply B)Hardware failure or C) Hard Drive....I'm pretty sure its the power supply not being able to hold a charge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Mark

• 4 months later...

Wanted to bump this again...my friend and I are certain it's the power supply that's defective. I also tested the power and it goes out on the output end.

I been looking at buying a replacement power supply and there are TONs of different ones on ebay!

Does it matter which one I buy? I kinda figured they are all the same.

The Serial No for the PS3 Slim is: KU60935936 (I think)

Any help would greatly be appreciated.Thanks!

Actually I was wrong about the serial number above...not sure what serial number that belongs to, lol..

the correct serial number is: CG829692264-CECH-2501A.

It seems I could buy either a APS-250 or an APS 270...would that be what I need?

Kida0723: I don't think the APS-240 would work cos it looks like the FAT model PS3 power supplies and the slim is the long rectangle shape one.

I took out the defective power supply and here is the info on it:

Model: EADP-200DB

AC Input:

100-240V~

2.6-1.0A 50/60 Hz

DC Output:

+12V = 16A

+5.5V = 0.9A

Edited by Mark T

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the replacement power supply in the mail yesterday and (so far) it fixed the problem!

Has anyone else had this type of problem with their ps3 slims?

haven't had a problem with a slim. i once fixed a OG fat ps3 switching the power supply. its an easy fix.

• 5 months later...

Well I got the replacement power supply in the mail yesterday and (so far) it fixed the problem!

Has anyone else had this type of problem with their ps3 slims?

I just got that problem today. I have a fat Spiderman model. I do not get a red standby. When I turn it on via front power. The first press is a beep, no light, no start-up. The second time I hit power, I get green, a flash of blue, and it shuts off. No red lights. If I were to use a remote, or controller, they just flash over and over.

I am thinking power supply, but I am better with computers. Some say it is HDD, I've tried a couple. No dice. I have no way to get to a safe mode, as it only keeps power for a second.

Also, there is no dust. The fan starts with power on, but of course only for a second.

I have always babied this console. Any advice is welcomed.