IGNORED

Activision trivia question

DamonicFury

Which game was the first to feature the rainbow after the on-screen Activision logo?

and...

which was the last one to do so?

(I'm pretty sure I have the answers to these, but I thought it would be fun to have everyone guess at it first!) :-)

That is correct! :D

Every game between Oink (cart #AX-23) and Cosmic Commuter (cart #AG-038) features the Activision rainbow. It was dropped for the end of the line Activision games - Ghostbusters, Commando, Kung Fu Master, Rampage, Double Dragon, and River Raid II.

That is correct!   :D  

Every game between Oink (cart #AX-23) and Cosmic Commuter (cart #AG-038)  features the Activision rainbow.  It was dropped for the end of the line Activision games - Ghostbusters, Commando, Kung Fu Master, Rampage, Double Dragon, and River Raid II.

And yes, those games truly were the end of the line. :thumbsdown:

Well, Kung Fu Master is decent. :ponder:

Well... I kinda think they were and they weren't the end of the line.

Although nifty for 2600 games, they certainly lacked the charm and originality of almost all previous Activision releases.

When I think Activision, I think of fantastic original games, not crappy arcade ports.

Cheers!

Joey

River Raid II, IMO, is better then River Raid. Once you learn to use only the bombs and not the guns. Don't even shoot at the planes, just shoot the ships. It's so much like the arcade 1941!

Rampage and Ghost Busters are Ho hum. :sad:

Kung Fu Master is absolutely great once you learn the timing. You have to kick much earlier than it appears. If a henchman touches you, you cannot shake him off like in the arcade version, you must kick to remove him. I used only kicks. No punching except on the 4th floor Wizard.

Commando doesn't look all that good, but I've not played it much yet. The jury is still out on it here.

Double Dragon is highly under rated. Once you learn to kill the first enemy on the bottom of the screen when they come out in pairs without taking any damage, you will really start to enjoy the game. I really love this one!

What prize do I win for correctly answering the trivia question? :D