IGNORED

Need help identifying a Commodore AC adaptor

Saw one of these at a local flea market today. It had the Commodore logo on it, so I thought "what the hell" and picked it up. I have no idea for what it's used, and it doesn't look like any Commodore adapter I've seen before. It has a tiny plug, a bit like normal earphone plugs. Could it be for a C16, or for some piece of external hardware I never seen before...?

Label says:

Type 709.EU.T40E

220 V, 50 Hz, 6VA

Output 6V 250mA

CBM T.Nr: 400205

Made in United Kingdom

Hm, that is about 1.5W effect. Perhaps it is used with a Commodore TV Game, most likely the 2000K model but also the 3000H should be considered. Both take 6xAA batteries for a total of 9V, but I've seen mentions that the power adapter only delivers 6V.

The C16 has a barrel connector, not 3.5 mm plug. The original PSU is rated at 9,5A 0.8A but with built in regulator, anything 9V 1A or above should work. In any case, minus the different connector, the supply you got only can deliver less than 1/5 of the power that a C16 needs.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, I was in chat, where a few people happened to hang out who could point me in a direction I haven't thought of before. It looks like the adapter could also belong to one of the many calculators Commodore made in the 70's. No idea which one exactly - there were so many models, it's crazy.