IGNORED

Moon Patrol Remix

doron

That's cool!

I should now provide access to the "Moon Patrol Blues" a friend and I recorded a few years ago. I wrote some typical blues singer type lyrics (about a cheating wife), but set in the context of a moon base. Uh... yeah.

It features some chaotic wah-wah blues guitar and a frenzied sax solo, and then there's a techno coda not too unlike doron's work.

It features some chaotic wah-wah blues guitar

I've said this before but the Moon Patrol song is pretty similar to the song "Killing Floor".. especially the various Hendrix versions. Which of course isn't surprising as it's your standard blues vamp.

Here's a cool live version Hendrix did from Monterey. In this version he just goes off on it quite a bit with some killer guitar.. so it's not *as* close.. but there are several other versions where he didn't improvise as much and are much closer to the moon patrol song. But this version is more chaotic so I like it best :D

btw, Although the intro is pretty bad-ass stuff, the 'moon patrol' riff starts up when he starts singing. :)

http://www.users.qwest.net/~userid946/Jimi...or-Monterey.mp3

Heyas Doron. Fanastic take on the Moon Patrol theme. I think that this is more like what the world needs - instead of just adding a heavy backbreat to weedy vidogame music, I admire your really taking the song to heart and making something great out of it. (Though I do really enjoy the weedy videogame music I just mentioned... don't get me wrong! :) )

Kudos to you and your band. Have you played this live yet? I wonder how few people would really know what it is, just enjoying the familiar echoes.

Well, thanks very much.

NE1, what a strange and interesting link you put on. what is it?I'm currently checking the pictures there.

Jimi hendrix, what a man! but I'm sure there must exist a blues tune even closer to Moon patrol than that.

Jacob, Cavern of khafka is a very wonderful and mysterious game for me, those weird stone sculptures, strange death-logic, strange all around. What are you supposed to do there, do you know? have you finished it?

Yes, I put a "Thriller" sample at the end, it's the late known-for-horror actor Vincent Price, and Michael didn't get it from anywhere, he brought the actor himself to the studio.

gulag picture radio, what's that name means? Anyway, I got no band in recent years, it's all me. I do perform occasionaly, but I doubt anyone here would recognise the tune.

Godzilla, yes, mabe.

NE1, what a strange and interesting link you put on. what is it?I'm currently checking the pictures there.

Well.. that's just my webspace. I primarily just use it as a dumping site for pictures and files (such as the mp3 I posted above) ;)

Jimi hendrix, what a man! but I'm sure there must exist a blues tune even closer to Moon patrol than that.

Yep. Like I said, there ARE closer versions of the song Killing Floor where Hendrix performed it a lot more closer to the Moon Patrol song.. it's just that in the version I posted above, he's really going off on it (that's why it's my favorite version) :lol: Again though, the riff doesn't start up until he starts singing...

But you're right. I'm sure there are other blues tunes out there that are even more similar to Moon Patrol :)

gulag picture radio, what's that name means? Anyway, I got no band in recent years, it's all me. I do perform occasionaly, but I doubt anyone here would recognise the tune.

It's my performing name. I hesitate to say that it's my band, since there are no other regulars. Mostly I do these spoken-word Firesign Theatre satire pieces, but I've ben working on some music too. My last piece had a lot of Paul Slocum's Synthcart in it. Man, Synthcart is brilliant...

Vincent Price, yeah that name kinda rings a bell. :ponder:

Yes I have won the Caverns of Khafka game.

After you win it, you get one life taken away each time, then

the difficulty increases!

My highest score is 90000000 dragmas. I was on a roll that day.

Anyway,

After years of losing on Caverns Of Khafka,

last year I finally found someone online who knew

how to play and solve Caverns of Khafka. There are two levels total.

and the second level has some strange music

a minimal high pitched screech to it. Very odd and neat.

If you win there is a fast paced victory theme and dancing

Egyptians. It was really weird. Ok, here is the instructions on

how to play...

>Hi Jake!

>You caught me on vacation (in Hawaii!), but of course

>there are Internet Cafes, so here's the solution:

>1) collect a crystal

>2) place it in the cross you should find at the bottom

>of the cavern (between 2 statues); to release the crystal,

>you have to press FIRE+a direction (which one, I never

>understood it too well myself)

>3) repeat 1) to 2) until you hacve filled the cross (that

>is, 5 times)

>4) in the next stage, avoid the flying pharaohs and touch

>Khafka, to win lots of money and get richer than Indy ;-)

>Hope that's enough info for you!

>Aloha from Waikiki,

>Andy

>(Luc Teveris on Lemon64)

PS If you have any questions Doron, let me know.

Tell me how you do on the game :)

About the Battlezone MP3.. wasn't there an old

version of the game ALIENS on your mp3 page??

I remember downloading that. It was really cool.

You must be rotating the songs, cause MP3

made crummy changes to say the least :twisted:

hi guys

Well, thanks for all nice responses! very great!

Yes, those mp3.com people, I wouldn't want to say anything bad about them, they might read it and I'll be in trouble! they are great! I LOVE mp3.com! especially now, that they only allow three songs on a page, for us artists who've been getting them thousands of visitors over years of work! gotta love'em!

Thanks, Jacob, for information, Gulag why not make a link to your music?

dor-x