IGNORED

True Geek Mod Question

BBWW

Has anybody taken a non working Intellivision 2600 Game Adaptor and tried to fit in a Speech Module...so it matches the Intellivision 2. LOL.

Just something I've thought about...for no sane reason what so ever.

Edited by BBWW

Had anybody taken a non working Intellivision 2600 Game Adaptor and tried to fit in a Speech Module...so it matches the Intellivision 2. LOL.

Just something I've thought about...for no sane reason what so ever.

nm.. misread that. it will not work without cutting the board apart. the morons that designed the intellivoice made it stick out in the front, which the atari adapter does not. honestly a broken computer module would work better. cut the pin connectors and volume knob from the computer module and solder wires from those to the pin connectors on the intellivoice. if you sent me a computer module and an intellivoice i could do it for you. i would also post pics of how it looks inside with the mod done

Edited by pimpmaul69

Oh well, it was a thought, I still might get out a hack saw and a glue gun and go to work on one someday.

did you read my new post fully? it can be done using an ecs. i could do it in about an hour. i would do it already but i dont own an intellivoice

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

did you read my new post fully? it can be done using an ecs. i could do it in about an hour. i would do it already but i dont own an intellivoice

LOL, I guess not. OK, I'll pick up an unworking ECS and have at it. I've got about 6 intellivoice modules, so if I need some tech support, I'll pass one on to you. I'll fire up both my ECS units to make sure they both still work. LOL

Jay

LOL, I guess not. OK, I'll pick up an unworking ECS and have at it. I've got about 6 intellivoice modules, so if I need some tech support, I'll pass one on to you. I'll fire up both my ECS units to make sure they both still work. LOL

Jay

i also know someone in the printing biz so i may make an intellivoice II decal for the front one of these days

• Like 1

Unless someone has the original Intellivision II-matching wood model and a 3-D printer...

Just a thought :)

I posted a model of the Intellivision-II-matching version, but that wouldn't help either. The board still wouldn't fit--it would require a new board design.

Edited by JohnPCAE