IGNORED

Classic Atari Disk Magazines

ballyalley

I'm want to read some classic Atari 8-bit disk magazines from the 80'es and maybe the 90's. I'm not looking for demos and such, but just text, news and reviews. I'd prefer to read versions that have been converted to plain text files if possible. I've heard of many from Poland and Germany, but I only speak English...

[ZNet...] is a great one:

Thanks for the link. I've already read a few of the articles in the first three issues. It's great fun to look through this sort of stuff. One article that just made me smile is called "The Commodore 1350 Controller For Your Atari" from the June 1986 issue (#4). The article's author, on a whim, decided to see if Commodore a mouse would work on an Atari and it does. It's really just works like a joystick though. He talks about trying the mouse with various types of games. He almost has ME conviced that I need one of those mice!

I can't wait to see what else I'll uncover. This is exactly the type of disk based magazine I'm looking for... although it seems that ZNet was actually distributed via BSS's and then probably were just distributed via disks as a secondary source. I guess it doesn't make much difference though. Now I'm reading the magazine online again...