IGNORED

Joystick Port Replacement?

Kamshaft

Has anyone had experience with replacing the ports themselves, and maybe which Digikey part number would do the trick?

So far, I found, this...

182-09ME-ND CONN DB9 MALE .318" R/A NICKEL

182-009-113R531.jpg

http://www.digikey.ca/product-search/en?WT.z_header=search_go&lang=en&site=ca&keywords=182-09ME-ND&x=0&y=0&formaction=on

Would that part work, you tihnk? Any advice would be helpful.

Atari 2600 jacks are identical replacements.

Buy these and your golden

http://m.ebay.com/itm/140995007584?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

I can't emphasize enough how easy it is to ruin a pad, trace or plated thru hole attempting to remove the old jack.

Be sure all 9 pins are desolded completly. Wiggle each pin to make sure no solder is still holding any of the pins in place before removing the old jack.

If you want me to replace it send me a pm.

Best of luck.

The auction wants $20 for shipping, no thanks! LOL

Would be nice to find a place that charges a little less for shipping, especially to canada. :)

They also have a $10.55 shipping option (First Class) which would make the price for four a total of $20.50 (which is below customs minimum and so would be GST/HST free).

You'll find that digikey have a minimum shipping cost of $8, making their cost for four of the connectors you linked to above to be $15.20 + GST/HST.

So, not really that much difference in total price.

Ya, I see what you mean....

For some reason I can't select the $10.50 rate. Always brings me to the $20 rate. $10 would do the trick.

Hmm...

They also have a $10.55 shipping option (First Class) which would make the price for four a total of $20.50 (which is below customs minimum and so would be GST/HST free).

You'll find that digikey have a minimum shipping cost of $8, making their cost for four of the connectors you linked to above to be $15.20 + GST/HST.

So, not really that much difference in total price.