IGNORED

A8 Vapourware thread

Magic Knight

After looking up several games companys history, its surprising how many titles have been in both near and finished development.

As well as the excellent list on the net of cart releases and such there is a lot of others there which are missed and perhaps need relooking at (and hopefully looking for). Apart from some more obvious ones like xenophobe for example, any less known ones and people know of can be posted here as well as any information why they werent released would be great.

For example:

One mystery is why Ocean comissioned Head over heels for the Atari and it never made full price - but ended up on the hit-squad label (ocean budget range)?

Also the Jackal being advertised for the A8 by Konami - but never released (what a gem this would have been if released - i remember saving up for this as well....)

Rigels Revenge by Mastertronic was advertised often at the time but never emerged - strange as Mastertronic never held back on A8 titles where possible.

No pole position II for the A8 - surely this was made?

Any other greats that never made launch that we know of and any stories behind some of this and others?

One mystery is why Ocean comissioned Head over heels for the Atari and it never made full price - but ended up on the hit-squad label (ocean budget range)?

i think someone here answered that question by asking Ocean bunnies earlier in the year? If memory serves, it was down to a perceived shift in the market whilst the game was being developed but i could be remembering that wrongly.

There's one game which we know exists but has never been released, the guy who wrote it showed the video of it in action and wanted people to donate to a charity and when the target was reached he would release it, sadly the target was some over the top sum of money so very little was raised.

I'll try and find a link to it, shame, looked a damn good shooter..

Edit:

Edited by Mclaneinc

There's one game which we know exists but has never been released, the guy who wrote it showed the video of it in action and wanted people to donate to a charity and when the target was reached he would release it, sadly the target was some over the top sum of money so very little was raised.

I'll try and find a link to it, shame, looked a damn good shooter..

Edit:

http://sectorwars.free.fr/

I made a donation, together with only 5 persons...

http://www.justgiving.com/sectorwars