IGNORED

Wanted: Sony miniDV camcorder (so I can extract my family tapes)

eightbit

I have a whole bunch of DV tapes dating way back to 2004 when my first child was born. I had a Sony MiniDV back then, and went through two more MiniDV camcorders throughout the years. More recently, I acquired a Canon Elura 100, which is a fantastic camcorder, but has a strange issue with *some* of my home movies. It appears the very first set of videos I took in 2004-2005 play back in the camera, but have either no or cut in/out audio. I know it is not the tapes, as it is every tape from the first camera I used to record. The tapes after this all play fine, and of course any tape recorded on the Elura works perfectly. I checked all settings, set audio from 12 to 16 bit, etc, but it is just an issue this camera has with these tapes. It simply does not like the audio encoding for some wacky reason.

But I want to start exporting my original tapes (daughter's birth, my wedding) and I can't do it with this camera apparently. I figured my best bet would be a Sony handycam MiniDV, as this is the camera line I used to record them in the first place.

Does anybody have one kicking around that they don't use or need anymore? It has to work obviously with a battery that still charges would be a plus. Heck, if it is mint or near mint with some accessories I would be beside myself. I am not looking to spend a small fortune (its MiniDV!) but I will either pay a fair price or perhaps trade something if you have one. It would help me greatly. PM with pictures if you have one! Thanks!

EDIT: AHA! I found others with the same issue. Apparently back in the day I figured it would be a great idea to squeeze out an extra 30 minutes a tape by recording in LP mode. Apparently when you do this you run the risk of other players (ie: my Elura) not playing them back correctly. Lesson learned. Never record in anything but SP. Well, the damage is done, but if I can find a Sony MiniDV that can correctly decode the audio I can rip these and then bring them back to another DV tape in SP mode....if I can find one ;)

Edited by eightbit