IGNORED

I hate it when people do this.

PacManPlus

Someone will eventually fall victim for this, when they can get them here at AA for $30:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/atari-7800-Super-Cobra-with-Instruction-manual-limited-print-run-/131024797672?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e81afbfe8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-7800-Moon-Cresta-with-Manual-Awesome-Classic-/131026520727?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e81ca0a97

I don't mean to give this person free advertising, but I hate when someone is trying to rip off other people.

Al should put a few of these on ebay :twisted:

Is this a member of the forum? If so, who?

I do plan on putting some homebrews on eBay soon--maybe I'l put these two up later tonight. This person didn't even get the name of Scramble correct, and is outright lying about it being a "limited print run". I might report that particular auction.

..Al

• Like 5

Its unfortunate that there quite a few Atari users globally who are not active on this site, dont keep up to date and fall for this sort of thing on Ebay.

Knowing Ebay and their selective policies, little will happen short of active refunds and persons not happy with the product. I talked with a rep online not that long ago and he basically told me that incorrect goods and non payment were keeping them busy before how goods are being represented on the descriptions etc.

Albert - diluting the sale with selling at least a couple on ebay at your retail price will put this rogue listing at bay.

• Like 3

Is this a member of the forum? If so, who?

I do plan on putting some homebrews on eBay soon--maybe I'l put these two up later tonight. This person didn't even get the name of Scramble correct, and is outright lying about it being a "limited print run". I might report that particular auction.

..Al

http://atariage.com/forums/user/26783-school-girl-in-a-short-dress/

• Like 1

Someone will eventually fall victim for this, when they can get them here at AA for $30:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/atari-7800-Super-Cobra-with-Instruction-manual-limited-print-run-/131024797672?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e81afbfe8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-7800-Moon-Cresta-with-Manual-Awesome-Classic-/131026520727?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e81ca0a97

I don't mean to give this person free advertising, but I hate when someone is trying to rip off other people.

Al should put a few of these on ebay :twisted:

i cant even tell you how much it annoys me. i got halo 2600 for 50$ cib.. good thing i did cause it sells on ebay for 250$ cib! what is that all about?

Many people even AA users are contantly reselling homebrews bought on AA to resell on ebay for 2-5 times the purchase price.. I freak out whenever I see these games resold.. I am told I am a a&/h&// and to shut up and its the american dream of taking advantage of people and screwing people over for as much as you can.. Most people today have zero integrity and values.. This will continue again and again.. If I was a game programmer I would be more pissed..

All I can say is some people still do value the hard work done for the few atari fans that are still around and would never sell it all to the highest bidder then come on here and tell you to make more..Wth they think your their own personal sweatshop slave?? Its total BS!!

One of the worst examples is princess rescue.. 300.00 ebay.. 30 AA..

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 3

Many people even AA users are contantly reselling homebrews bought on AA to resell on ebay for 2-5 times the purchase price.. I freak out whenever I see these games resold.. I am told I am a a&/h&// and to shut up and its the american dream of taking advantage of people and screwing people over for as much as you can.. Most people today have zero integrity and values.. This will continue again and again.. If I was a game programmer I would be more pissed..

All I can say is some people still do value the hard work done for the few atari fans that are still around and would never sell it all to the highest bidder then come on here and tell you to make more..Wth they think your their own personal sweatshop slave?? Its total BS!!

Yes, I see this all the time too. there's also several hozer titles right now on eBay that can probably be bought for $10 but they are asking $30.

the Princess Rescue that went for $300 is a slightly different story, it was sold right after AtariAge received the C&D order so you couldn't actually buy it from the store anymore, also, It wasn't a BIN. it was an auction meaning the value is placed on the buyer. a few others have been sold since and haven't commanded nearly that price.

Another issue, these games are not being listed as modern homebrews or repros, so a buyer may get the impression that he/she is bidding on a rare original rather than a newly manufactured game. Also, the manual clearly states the game are new, complete with copyright statement (ex. ©2013), and has url links to Atariage store, so the buyer may not be pleased when he checks the url and discovers the game and others listed for sale between $30-$50. :x

All sales are final, but the seller may be risking negative feedback from buyers by blatantly ripping them off. Also, in a free market an individual could list a Combat, Pacman, or ET cart for $5000 if he wanted, but only a fool would buy it at that price. eBay is still like the wild, wild, west of online shopping; people need to do research. Often when one searches for completed listings, the prices are much more reasonable and often at auction current items barely turn a profit after subtracting relisting and shipping fees. If sellers list items at inflated prices, do not buy and let the seller "eat" the fees for relisting it over and over if they want.

Princess Rescue got pulled due to a C&D from Nintendo. The inflated $300 ebay prices only occured after it was pulled from the AA store. I have a loose cart + manual and a sealed CIB edition, but I do not plan on reselling it. It's too special for me to do that. ;-)

EDIT: Necron beat me too it!

Edited by stardust4ever

Another issue, these games are not being listed as modern homebrews or repros, so a buyer may get the impression that he/she is bidding on a rare original rather than a newly manufactured game. Also, the manual clearly states the game are new, complete with copyright statement (ex. ©2013), and has url links to Atariage store, so the buyer may not be pleased when he checks the url and discovers the game and others listed for sale between $30-$50. :x

All sales are final, but the seller may be risking negative feedback from buyers by blatantly ripping them off. Also, in a free market an individual could list a Combat, Pacman, or ET cart for $5000 if he wanted, but only a fool would buy it at that price. eBay is still like the wild, wild, west of online shopping; people need to do research. Often when one searches for completed listings, the prices are much more reasonable and often at auction current items barely turn a profit after subtracting relisting and shipping fees. If sellers list items at inflated prices, do not buy and let the seller "eat" the fees for relisting it over and over if they want.

Princess Rescue got pulled due to a C&D from Nintendo. The inflated $300 ebay prices only occured after it was pulled from the AA store. I have a loose cart + manual and a sealed CIB edition, but I do not plan on reselling it. It's too special for me to do that. ;-)

EDIT: Necron beat me too it!

yeah but still just bought and sold both copies cause marios not his deal... I guess the princess rescue title really confused people on what they are buying. Cept nintendo.. I thought it was gonna be pac man mario..

"Limited print run", huh? Hopefully people are smart enough to do a little research and check out Atari Age before they pull the trigger on a listing like that.

This might have been more of an confusion on the seller's part or is trying take advantage of the fact a Super Cobra Atari 7800 cartridge was sold on Ebay on October 13th.

Super Cobra was sold on Good Deal games for the Atari 7800 and all 30 copies were sold out and no more has been made. Super Cobra for the Atari 7800 actually was a hack from Bob's game Scramble.

Here is proof of a Super Cobra Atari 7800 Cartridge was sold a couple weeks ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Cobra-ATARI-7800-VIDEO-GAME-CARTRDIGE-LIMITED-30-CARTRIDGES-NTSC-FORMAT-/111186196033

Edited by 8th lutz

I agree with it being a privilege to get a copy of some of these exceptional games, and they are exceptional and rare sometimes. I think its a privilege in both aspects . I paid a pretty good price for a copy of boulder dash, but its a privilege to own such a rare masterpiece so the price was worth it! I think it says a lot about how awesome these games really are. But people should not claim games as rare when they aren't and post them on eBay deceitfully .

This might have been more of an confusion on the seller's part or is trying take advantage of the fact a Super Cobra Atari 7800 cartridge was sold on Ebay on October 13th.

Super Cobra was sold on Good Deal games for the Atari 7800 and all 30 copies were sold out and no more has been made. Super Cobra for the Atari 7800 actually was a hack from Bob's game Scramble.

Here is proof of a Super Cobra Atari 7800 Cartridge was sold a couple weeks ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Cobra-ATARI-7800-VIDEO-GAME-CARTRDIGE-LIMITED-30-CARTRIDGES-NTSC-FORMAT-/111186196033

There's no confusion on the seller's part. This seller is a professional and knows exactly what they are doing.

• Like 1

When i purchase great games from the store they are for life, i love them thats why i bought them, people will always ruin or take advantage of good things that happen, luckily the large majority of people dont, if it was just one listing there could always be the case that someone might genuinely think they owned something valuable and thus selling it for a high price but with multiple listing and incorrect ones at that this is obviously not the case, Al i think you should at least mention this to EBAY when you have time.

Luckily because of the fever that surrounds this hobby most people are so plugged in that they will be aware of the great store long ago and wouldnt be fooled by this type of sale.