IGNORED

DestinedCruz' Living Room (New Shelves!)

DestinedCruz

Just got some new shelving that makes the presentation of my collection a hell of a lot better. Also, it has almost tripled in size since the last time I posted!
All of these images are HUGE, so feel free to click on them to get a more detailed look.

1FmxLhd.jpg

Most of my systems sit in this corner under the CRT hooked up to two sets of A/V switches for easy access to everything... I just wish there was an easy way to power everything without having to buy a hefty UPS.

k1z9c9M.jpg

A closer look at the systems. The green one hiding in the corner behind the entertainment center is a Dreamcast.

1m7wXVj.jpg

All of my loose cartridge games (except for Game Gear). The 32X games kinda just got smushed in next to the NES games because I really don't know what else to do with them. :roll:

All of these were also in alphabetical order before I got the new shelving, but my roommate didn't realise that when he was helping me move stuff and I just haven't bothered to fix it yet. :grin:

b5Q7gKm.jpg

On the other side of the flat panel TV is all of my cased games. *Most* of these are CIB save a few (mostly Genesis). I'm really happy that I recently got a hold of boxes for the only Genesis games I had loose so I don't have to worry about those anymore.
The games I'm most proud of owning (based on how much I enjoy them - not how valuable they are) as you can see are the three Japanese Saturn games I have tilted. Guardian Heroes is a favourite for obvious reasons, but the lesser known Falcom Classics Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 are real gems as they hold what I believe to be the best versions of Ys I and II (though it's a shame they lack the voice acting from the Turbo CD version). </tangent>

tCR3tNS.jpg

Finally here's the view of the whole room. The Super Nintendo got prime real estate on the entertainment center due to it being played more than anything else, though just behind the Wii is a little AV distribution amplifier hooked up to both my TV and the capture card on my computer with some A/V splitters so I can hook any of the other systems up when I want to stream/record/play something on the larger TV.

So that's my gaming set up in its new-found glory. Let me know what you think!

• 2 weeks later...

No need to worry about that TV - it's wedged into the corner and the stand isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Any insight on what model CRT that is? I'm in the market for one.

It's an RCA ColorTrak Plus - they're really good CRTs and totally worth hunting down. I actually found this one free on somebody's lawn, probably because the signal through the coax connection will freak out every ten minutes or so for a little while. Other than that it works like a dream!