IGNORED

Daisy Wheel for XDM121 printer

Allan

I just got a new XDM121 printer. Haven't tried it yet but was curious about the printer wheels. It comes with a Courier font wheel. Are/were there other font wheels available? Are daisy wheels universal or are they different for different models?

Allan

Best carries a 12 pitch Courier wheel. They say 10 pitch is the one supplied with the printer.

Yea, I saw that. It would be nice to have different fonts. The manual says there is but I haven't seen any. I'll have to get one for another printer and try it.

Allan

Yea, I saw that. It would be nice to have different fonts. The manual says there is but I haven't seen any. I'll have to get one for another printer and try it.

Maybe, as with a lot of things during XE era, they intended to produce more font wheels but never got around to delivering.

I think that's exactly how it went down Mr. Fish, as I only knew of the two wheels for it already discussed. I don't believe the wheels are universal even with the shared ribbon carrier units, just not the way Atari played the game, whenever they could alter something to Atari only - they did it. The only ribbon available for the XDM-121 was a carbon black on mylar thing that printed well a few times around but quickly started leaving less than desirable results after that, no real staying power at all. IIRC I was buying Olivetti ribbons which were re-inkable nylon fabric in the same style case and got much better mileage out of those at a good discount too. I remember all the names Bryan mentions, so I probably tried them all eventually. Best of luck on the wheels.