IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Control on Atari 7800 KLAX

MegaData

I'm guessing, after purchasing and playing KLAX in the past day or two, that the Atari Jaguar controllers work fine with this game? I wanted to try it out myself, but I can't find my converter. I hope it turns up sometime soon. Some games can only be played in default mode (option screen can't be accessed) with the Jag controller... but it looks like this game only really needs one button, so can anyone confirm that the Jaguar pad works with KLAX? On that note, does anyone have a converter they want to give me? :D

I'm sorry, I may have confused some of you. BEST Electronics sells an adaptor to use an Atari Jaguar Power Pad on your Atari 2600, 400, 800, 600XL, 800XL, 65XE, 130XE, 1200XL, XE Game System, 520ST, 520STFM, 1040ST, 1040STE, Mega, MegaSTE, TT and Falcon Atari Systems. 8-way joypad and "A" or "B" fire buttons will work on Atari 7800s, playing all Atari 2600 games, and it is advertised as working on Most of the 7800 Cartridges. (This has NOT been my experience. It works on Half the library. I do not endorse or recommend BEST Electronics or their products in the slightest... well, maybe with this thread, slightly, but this thread hasn't been too popular so far. Has it?) :ponder:

Just go to my personal website http://www.geocities.com/zentanyx/ArcAt78.html for the 7800 games known to work with it.

How does KLAX use two buttons? Both fire buttons on the 7800 controller do the same things, do they not? From what I've read and played, they do. With any other game like this, the Jaguar Controller generally works fine. It only has problems when you have games like Commando where the grenades are activated with one button and your character fires his gun with the other.

Mitch is correct.

Klax requires the 2 button controller. I'm not sure why, but it does. I believe only on button is used. I'll have to check it out tonight. I recall asking myself this same question as well at one point.

In regards to using the Jag pad with the Best adapter--- I have found that it isn't 100% compatible with all Atari 2600 games. For some reason Rock 'n' Rope and a couple of others will not work. I'm not sure why either.

BTW: I still have a few (very few) Klax carts left for sale. http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft/products.htm

-Lee

• 2 months later...
Will Sega Master System controllers work on a 7800?

What about Genesis controllers?

I haven't used my 7800 in a while so I have no clue basically.

Yes, but only for games that require one button.

Mitch

Maybe you're thinking of the SMS gun? It needs to be rewired to work with the 7800.

The SMS/Genesis pads only need to be rewired if you want full two button 7800 compatibility. They work as 2600 compatible controllers unmodified.

Mitch

Maybe you're thinking of the SMS gun? It needs to be rewired to work with the 7800.

The SMS/Genesis pads only need to be rewired if you want full two button 7800 compatibility. They work as 2600 compatible controllers unmodified.

Mitch

Pizactly. So do Genesis controllers for that matter. Just about any nine pin controller will, even though you'll still have only one fire button as opposed to the two you need with some 7800 titles.