IGNORED

Refurbished ColecoVision Power supply exchange service.

Yurkie

This is not an offer to sell refurbished power supplies...It is an offer to exchange/repair a non-working one sent to me for a refurbished working one.

I am finally ready to start this service.

Send me a good cosmetic condition (no cracks, data plate in place and no damage to the cord) non-working power supply, and I will repair/exchange for a refurbished working power supply for $30 + return shipping.

Every single refurbished power supply has all 7 electrolypic capacitors replaced, plus any other repair needed to get it back in perfect working order.

I had a guy message me and say he had a NOS power supply that was dead and I have personally had 2 that where NOS in the box sealed that did not work then I tested them.

• Like 1

Yurkie's refurbished power supply is great.

Now i've got two reliable bricks.

This is a fantastic service for the ColecoVision community as it will help keep those 30+ year old systems running.

P.S.

BEWARE "New" power bricks for sale, chances are they're DOA, and that includes the power bricks included with those "New and Sealed" ColecoVision systems you see on ebay.

Yurkie's refurbished power supply is great.

Now i've got two reliable bricks.

This is a fantastic service for the ColecoVision community as it will help keep those 30+ year old systems running.

P.S.

BEWARE "New" power bricks for sale, chances are they're DOA, and that includes the power bricks included with those "New and Sealed" ColecoVision systems you see on ebay.

Thanks. It is pretty exciting bringing these back to life instead of throwing them away like I used to.

What's the easiest way to tell if a power supply is bad? I have three supplies and four ColecoVisions, some of which have been "professionally" modded for composite output, and it seems that no matter what combination of power supply and ColecoVisions I try, my cartridges are glitchy or don't start up right. I play the same games on my main Coleco Adam and they're perfectly fine.

You can use a mulit meter to check the pins on the power supply for the proper voltages, but that isn't a totally effective method because the voltage may drop when the power supply is under a load powering the system.

You don't live that far, you could send all 3 in a Medium Flat rate Priority box for $12.35 and I will check them. I looked up prices for 7lbs, and the flat rate box is cheaper than even standard post.

You can use a mulit meter to check the pins on the power supply for the proper voltages, but that isn't a totally effective method because the voltage may drop when the power supply is under a load powering the system.

You don't live that far, you could send all 3 in a Medium Flat rate Priority box for $12.35 and I will check them. I looked up prices for 7lbs, and the flat rate box is cheaper than even standard post.

Sounds like a plan, Yurkie. Let me know in a PM when you're ready and where to send them to. I believe one of the systems in my lot I'm having trouble with is one of yours, so that definitely strikes me as odd. Thanks.

Sorry to hear this Yurkie as this service would have proven to be a tremendous benefit to the community. As I'm sure you know already... your time, effort and expertise are very well respected and appreciated by many and we are all glad to see that you will still be performing other mod and repair services on the CV.

I guess it's time for everyone to remove the power cords from malfunctioning Power Supplies to save for use with Arcade Switching or converted PC power supplies.

What's the easiest way to tell if a power supply is bad? I have three supplies and four ColecoVisions, some of which have been "professionally" modded for composite output, and it seems that no matter what combination of power supply and ColecoVisions I try, my cartridges are glitchy or don't start up right. I play the same games on my main Coleco Adam and they're perfectly fine.

Mine have sensitive cord so if I accidentally brush against it or a cat walk on it, there's goes the data in VRAM. Other than that the power brick works.