IGNORED

Battle wheels

Clock

How good is this game?

I have been looking everywhere for it as it looks good going by the screen shots on AA.

I assume it is quite rare as I have never seen a copy before and therefore probably demands a premium sum of beer tokens.

In my opinion, Battle Wheels is one of the very best Lynx games. It's like a first-person shooter, only you're in a car (unless your car gets destroyed and you jump out, at which time you're on foot).

The game is pretty rare, but I see there's an auction on E-bay with a BIN for a good price (I think it's a good price), if you hurry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=21178

I wouldn't quite consider Battlewheels rare, just in high demand. Lately the going rate on eBay seems to be a bit lower than what I paid for it about 8 months ago. I would highly recommend picking it up, as it's a blast to play. You'll be missing out on a lot of fun, however, if you don't have anyone else to play it against. It's yet another Lynx game that's at it's best as multiplayer.

Also, for those who don't know, CyberVirus was published by Songbird in 2002. This game was purchased from Beyond Games, maker of BattleWheels, and utilizes the same powerful 3D engine for a mission-based game in a world consumed by robotic might.

Check out the Songbird page for details!

I just recieved Battlewheels in the mail an hour ago, and it is a good game, except for the fact that doesn't offer a mision based 1 player game. It's kinda like playing the multi-player levels from Twisted Metal.

There are plenty of options, and the game seems very tight. I just think that after a while, I'll be playing something else soon. Seems like linking up would be the best way to play this game. Now I have to find Lynx buddies....wait a minute.....forget about it.

Cousin Vinnie

Songbird, is Cybervirus a completed game (or as close to one as an unreleased game can be), or at least an unfinished game with lots of gameplay?  It looks really good; I think I'm going to have to save my money and buy this one.

There are actually two released version of Cybervirus. There was a limited run of cards made for CinciClassic and then the final (and 100% completed) release a few months after that. You can read my review of it over at TAT.

http://www.ataritimes.com/lynx/reviews/rev...cybervirus.html

...but, sadly, Carl advises that he has now run out of the CGE version of Cybervirus. I'm sure the "standard" version is still excellent, though.

Well, the standard version has more levels and is (basically) the completed game where as the CinciClassic (originally thought to be CGE) was a special "preview" version. So, the CGE was Version 1 while the "standard" is Version 2.

this game is rather fun to play,i've had it since 1994.i'm not sure about it

being all that rare though.all the existing atari dealers still have it-video61,

b&c and best have it.even telegames offers it.it appears on ebay too.i do

see it new/used at another place or two out there.

the game is very fun to play as a single in super car mode for me.i have

never done a comlynx on it.it does have a few bugs in it though.(1).you can shoot through some of the buildings at times.(2).you can be shooting

in an open area close to a building with an enemy car nearby and the game does not recognize the open space there (i had this happen playing it last night).(3).it has a phasing problem with the buildings flashing off an on while you are crossing the landscape towards them.or just driving around.(4).some stuff i think i've even driven through too in the past on it.a few little bugs but no real problems really.has anyone else ever had weird stuff happen in a multiplayer contest?would like to know.-chris :)

CyberVirus is a complete game. The CinciClassic (not CGE!) version was released in late 2001, followed by the 'official' version in early 2002. Each version has some unique features to it, but naturally the CC version is the rare one since the qty. was limited.

If you're looking for a cool 3D, mission-based game for the Lynx, I strongly encourage anyone to pick up a copy of this game from Songbird. :D

Back on the subject of BattleWheels, I really enjoy the Dustbowl arena. It helps make the game more confusing and nerve-wracking than usual. ;)

CyberVirus is a complete game. The CinciClassic (not CGE!) version was released in late 2001, followed by the 'official' version in early 2002.

Drats, I knew I was going to confuse those... I knew it started with a 'C' though!

Back on the subject of BattleWheels, I really enjoy the Dustbowl arena. It helps make the game more confusing and nerve-wracking than usual. ;)

Yeah, that's my favorite one too. I like driving headlong through the clouds!

Also, for those who don't know, CyberVirus was published by Songbird in 2002. This game was purchased from Beyond Games, maker of BattleWheels, and utilizes the same powerful 3D engine for a mission-based game in a world consumed by robotic might.

This is a bit off topic, just some of my thoughts and maybe a stupied question but anyway.....I know Songbird has acquired the rights not only to CyberVirus but also to Ultravore (Ultra Vortex) and Mechtiles from Beyond Games. And that Carl have said that it is unlikely Mechtiles will ever be finished. Whould it be posible to use sound and/or graphics from these games in other future games from Songbird? I know for example that enemies in Remnant are the same as in the Jaguar game Protector. And of course same sound effect was used in both Championship Rally and Ponx etc. CyberVirus has some very good sound effects. I think it would be great if this sound could be used in other games. Is there any chance or posibility? :)