[ ] = Points
( ) = Rounds Played
GREEN = Games Won
GOLD = Seasons Won

Xevious (1987) (Atari).a78

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2

I have played Xevious on three different emulators

1. ProSystem 1.3 e...no two button support..but the colors are superb..but I am using a pallette by Trebor

2. MESS .143.. no two button support even though I have switched the difficulty switches and assigned the controller buttons for two buttons

3. EMU 7800 .. Has two button support for this game. However the colors are a bit off on this game in this emulator.

If you watch the demo of Xevious you notice that the bombs are dropped separately from the Zapper weapon....even the manual does not mention having the weapon fire from different buttons.

When I had this game on a cart and played it through the 7800 console I was able to fire the weapons separately...just don't remember how I did it.

Any suggestions?????

If you watch the demo of Xevious you notice that the bombs are dropped separately from the Zapper weapon....even the manual does not mention having the weapon fire from different buttons.

When I had this game on a cart and played it through the 7800 console I was able to fire the weapons separately...just don't remember how I did it.

Any suggestions?????

I'm using hardware, so if I wish to, I can simply use the Proline joystick or the joypad, both of which permit me to separate firing functions. However, I prefer to use the 2600 joystick for ease of handling and prevention of hand cramping. I use this controller despite the fact that it shoots both kinds of weapons simultaneously. Although this seemed like a disadvantage when I first tried it, I persisted in my use of the 2600 joystick and gradually became well-accustomed to it. So my suggestion is to forget the 2-button function for a while and acclimate yourself to using the 2600 joystick for this game ;)

On my MESS version 0.149, I discovered Difficulty B / Novice position means missiles and bombs are shot separately (2-button function); on Difficulty A / Expert position, missiles and bombs are shot simultaneously (1-button function). Same thing occurs on my EMU7800 version 1.3.

Just to be honest, I will use 1-button function.

Edited by oyamafamily

XEVIOUS: FINAL RESULTS = Winner Game 15: oyamafamily, does it again!, also sets a first record on the ADVANCED setting. Good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll select a new game for tomorrow... sorry for the missed week, if I seem slow, just slap me with a fish in a PM... that should wake me up.

XEVIOUS: FINAL RESULTS = Winner Game 15: oyamafamily, does it again!, also sets a first record on the ADVANCED setting. Good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll select a new game for tomorrow... sorry for the missed week, if I seem slow, just slap me with a fish in a PM... that should wake me up.

No problem.

I only hope everything is going fine with you. Btw, are you in your new the avatar?

• Like 1

No problem.

I only hope everything is going fine with you. Btw, are you in your new the avatar?

It's going good and bad, on and off... but I'm okay, ty hope things are good with you... and YEP, it's me in the avatar. I notice you changed your name, would you like this name to replace Liduario right away or wait for next season standings etc...?

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

It's going good and bad, on and off... but I'm okay, ty hope things are good with you... and YEP, it's me in the avatar. I notice you changed your name, would you like this name to replace Liduario right away or wait for next season standings etc...?

We can wait until next season, I think it's better.

Liduario is my real name!

I just began to use a Lid as a nick and the awesome intellivision.

• Like 1