IGNORED

Defender!

wongojack

What an ahole guy he was. Turning off any console on a epic high score run is pure evil..

Did you punch his balls in as he walked by as your revenge? I would have..

No. Since I was a kid then when it happened I bawled and ran to my room. But I took the controller with me :P

• 1 year later...

Opened my brand new copy of Defender for the 5200 last night and played for an hour or so. I found myself getting better and further in each time I played. I used the analog stick and really enjoyed it, but man was my hand cramped from hitting the lower fire button by the time I was done playing! I used the right side for fire and hit smart bomb's with my thumb on the left.

If I have any complaint about this version is that there seemed to be a lot of flicker, especially compared to the CV version. Or am I imagining things? At any rate, I see this one getting a lot of play time.

AtariAge did not refresh this thread in "My Content" when you replied a few days ago - weird.

I got Defender and the 5200 back out this week. I was previously only able to get to about 200k on Easy but then the floodgates opened and:

post-5812-0-81138600-1432330967_thumb.jpg

I kinda got bored and let the game lapse. It was a fun session too because there were a couple points where I needed to build up my extra ships and be very precise. I really like this version, but I think I'm ready to move up from Easy.

What is the max score? 9,999,999?

AtariAge did not refresh this thread in "My Content" when you replied a few days ago - weird.

I got Defender and the 5200 back out this week. I was previously only able to get to about 200k on Easy but then the floodgates opened and:

attachicon.gifDefender.jpg

I kinda got bored and let the game lapse. It was a fun session too because there were a couple points where I needed to build up my extra ships and be very precise. I really like this version, but I think I'm ready to move up from Easy.

What is the max score? 9,999,999?

I haven't played in a while, but over a million is really good. I remember going wave after wave after wave and having a ton of smart bombs and extra ships. Maybe I'll toss the game in my 5200 and shoot a few enemies for a while.

The arcade version was too hard but I got decent, but not great. It did get boring after a while which was why I love Stargate so much more. I wished the 5200 had it but I never saw it in the store. I tried the emulation version and it was horrible compared to the arcade. Oh well, can't get everything. I have Defender 2000 on my Jaguar and it's okay, but there's just too much going on it's like sensory overload.

• Like 2