IGNORED

Any Missing ADAM Utilties?

Tempest

I was going through some of my old ADAM disks that I got a long time ago when I found the box of utility disks. I never went through them because I was only interested in games and was going to reuse them, but I decided to check and see if there are any missing utilities that I should be on the look out for. There's the usual clip art disks and whatnot, but there's also some Orphanware utilities (signed and dated!) and even some NIAD stuff in there. If there's some stuff that may be missing from the archives I can bring them along to the Midwest Gaming Classic and give them to someone to look at.

There isn't a whole lot that is missing from the ADAM software collection that I posted a link to a couple months ago and the big archive I posted a couple years ago. As far as actual Coleco made 'warez, probably the only thing that hasn't been found is In-House 'warez that no one would now about until acquired from a former Coleco employee like I had the good fortune of happening to me a couple years ago. The users groups back in the 80's did a pretty good job of tracking down a lot of these unreleased items (ADAM software and unreleased carts) and what we didn't find, TeleGames came thru with other acquisitions.

As far as the Orphanware disks, they made a number of hardware items that came with driver and utility disks, but I would say most of those are accounted for already. They also converted a good number of commercial CP/M programs to ADAM CP/M format and again I think most of those have been saved and are in ADAMcon's possession if I don't have them.

As far as disks labeled with "NIAD", I'm pretty sure I have everything saved, but there may be a couple here and there that I missed like Public Domain volumes.

Concerning the disks you have, if you could list them out in a text file or take group pictures so I can see the labels, I can look over it to see if there is anything that is still needed. At worst, get them into someone's hands like myself or ADAMcon who will now exactly what each is and can make Image files that can be shared with everyone.

BTW, here is an older "Wanted List" of ADAM software on Joe B.'s website. I haven't updated it in a while and have acquired some of the items (AGAIN!!), but it's pretty much everything that is missing that I know of. Most of the titles are nothing special, but still it's nice to try and save everything possible.

http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/wanted.html

I can make a list when I get some time. I seriously doubt there's anything in there that's missing, but after seeing some uncommon stuff I thought I'd check. Maybe a group shot would be best, either that or I can hand them off at MGC (not like I need them).

I can make a list when I get some time. I seriously doubt there's anything in there that's missing, but after seeing some uncommon stuff I thought I'd check. Maybe a group shot would be best, either that or I can hand them off at MGC (not like I need them).

Thanks Tempest and as you know all too well, you just never know when it comes to this stuff. When you get around to making a list or taking pics, just PM me and I will look everything over or I can always take them off your hands for the cost of shipping so that I can sort thru them and then make image files of anything that hasn't been available previously in order to share with the community. I probably won't make it up to MGC this year.

• Like 1