IGNORED

SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB 4th run

atari8warez

Thanks for clarifying. I was just wondering about the different abilities this little piece may have. Any word on its production yet?

Hey Sowden, production is progressing just fine while I wait for the last part to arrive, which by the way seems likely to be delivered to me by tomorrow (well looking at the clock, I should actually receive it today - it's already past midnight ;) )

post-15627-0-27629800-1386567086_thumb.png

The tracking info above says the parcel is received by Canada Post and it's on its way to my address to be delivered to me by today (Nov 9). It's about time for crying out loud!!!. As you can see the package was shipped Oct 23 and I am still waiting!, I guess the reason for the delay is customs taking their sweet time, I normally receive these shipments in about 2-3 weeks.

So if I receive the goods today it means I will soon be able start posting finished goods.

Will keep you guys updated as usual.

Here're some of them waiting for their last piece.....

post-15627-0-79904200-1386569239_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari8warez

Ok gentlemen, I finally received my little package and can now collect the money (although most people already made a payment, there are still a few pending).

Even though the delay on this shipment was completely out of my control I apologize for this long wait, I will now work on finalizing and posting these devices full time until all of them are out on their way to their owners.

If you have any questions about the payment info please PM me ASAP.

Thanks

BTW, Will there be/ Is there a cable-less option for internal mounting? It would be sweet to have a usb Indus GT that looks 'factory' :)

You could get the device without a cable and enclosure and mount the PCB inside a 1050 (the PCB is only 5cm x 5cm or 2" x 2") if you're willing to do some work. I should warn you though I haven't designed the PCB with this in mind so I am not sure where and how it can be fitted.

I've done that before myself with a special smaller serial version that i built for this purpose (see the photo), i even made a few extra PCBs and sold them too but I no longer do it, too much work and I am getting lazier as I age ;-).

post-15627-0-17999800-1386824790_thumb.png post-15627-0-43750900-1386825458_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari8warez

UPDATE: Ordering is now closed on this 4th run, if there are still people interested I would consider another run shortly after this one is completely shipped. The first shipment of this order will be either tomorrow or the day after, others following it shortly thereafter. I will post current status towards the end of this week.

Important Update:

Hi everybody, this is to inform you that I experienced a slight delay in assembling the boards due to some personal matters, but now I resumed the work. The first device is shipped and the rest will be shipping during the next 2 weeks. I may not be able to ship them all before Christmas but I'll do my best.

Here's the current status:

post-15627-0-68246800-1386968085_thumb.png

Edited by atari8warez

I am almost there! Thanks man.

In fact I just finished assembling yours, I will now be doing a final test and it will be ready to go out tomorrow. Plug types take a bit longer to do as I need to wait for the epoxy to cure completely before I can do the final test. I do use marine epoxy which I found to be stronger than regular epoxy, so if it holds up to the rigors of the sea on a boat, it should do fine on SIO2PC ;-)

Edited by atari8warez

Here's how your devices will perform: This test was done with Copy2000 copying a single density disk and AspeQt set at Pokey divisor 4. You can actually get better performance using Hias high-speed OS patch which takes the divisor all the way down to 0. Copy2000 however seems to choke with a divisor below 4.

Edited by atari8warez

Sorry guys we had an ugly freezing rain storm in toronto and i am without hydro for two days now, it may extend to the weekend, hope not ,cause its gonna be 13 below for the next two days. Drivers for the sio2pc are at my website which is down due to power outage... So please be patient as there isn't much i can do now. writing this from a wifi hotspot on my cell phone. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the power to return, if not, soon i may have to check out to a hotel until i can get back to normal.

You would think Canadians would be prepared for this kind of weather, so did i, apparently we weren't!!!

Edited by atari8warez

Sorry guys we had an ugly freezing rain storm in toronto and i am without hydro for two days now, it may extend to the weekend, hope not ,cause its gonna be 13 below for the next two days. Drivers for the sio2pc are at my website which is down due to power outage... So please be patient as there isn't much i can do now. writing this from a wifi hotspot on my cell phone. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the power to return, if not, soon i may have to check out to a hotel until i can get back to normal.

You would think Canadians would be prepared for this kind of weather, so did i, apparently we weren't!!!

Damn - stay warm at all costs! Guess I won't complain too much about our weather here.

Thankfully we are back on the power grid tonight and made it through the blackout without freezing! solid. The website is now up so you can download the full installation documentation and the drivers. For people who are still waiting for me to mail their devices I say I will start working on them again tomorrow morning (i am not completely thawed yet) and will be shipping them as soon as humanly possible. In the meantime I hope we wont have another outage soon, by the looks of the trees around the neighborhood though i wouldn't bet my life on it, all it takes will be another freezing rain or relatively strong winds to break more tree branches hanging over power lines. I am on an older section of the city where there are many old trees and even though my home is on an underground cabling system, that system is fed from from the aerial power lines from the main street and when they break there goes my power too.

Anyway it was a different experience trying to survive the cold when it was -19C or - 2.2F for the last two days. On a positive note I did have some good sleep and spent some time with my gf without internet interfering and had taken some beautiful photographs while collecting some of the fallen wood (which I had no shortage of) to burn in the fireplace (after thawing them of course :) ). Tonight it's a balmy -4C or 24.8F in Toronto.

post-15627-0-30935300-1388031541_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-16993500-1388031909_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-60962900-1388031630_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-78714200-1388031754_thumb.jpg